Chapter 4 - The School Project

"Ah, so both of you already knew each other?" Ms. Bianca said surprised and somewhat gleefully.

"Should I skip the introduction then?" With a light smile, she continues.

"Very well, just let's continue now, Archie... this is Seth, our most famous and handsome basketball team captain...and do you know that our school got the 1st rank in every match at the most? thanks to him and of course the team's hard work if I could say." Ms. Bianca proudly explained while teasing him. Meanwhile, Seth just smiled awkwardly.

"And Seth, this is Archie, she is the one who suggested the outside charity as part of the social program in our school for this year's school fair event. She is also our school champion in the Dutch language competition. Some students might not be too familiar with this. Yeah perhaps because they don't interest in such things."

Ms. Bianca sighed over what she just said, and seemed disappointed.

"However...that's why we choose only the talented students to handle this year school's fair."

"We'll be working together as a team, alongside potentially 4 or 5 other members depending on how the recruitment goes. Before that, as our first step, soon we'll be visiting the child foundation the charity is run for in the question."

"All the teachers and I already have some list of places as well as the names list of other team members, and once all have been completed, we will distribute them by the end of the week. So I guess we will have the next final meeting this Friday."

"Thus far that'll be all we have to prepare for. Even so, for the next plan, we'll be discussing the basketball game charity."

"Now...Are there any questions about this? Archie, or Seth? She asked kindly, making sure we were able to follow."

"Archie?"

"No, Thank you, I have no questions, Ms. Bianca."

"And you, Seth?"

"The same goes for me, everything has been crystal clear Ms.Bianca..."

"Alright, so we can wrap this up for today...see you guys around again, and directly go back home," she said firmly.

"Yes...then I'll be taking my leave, Miss," I said while giving a polite bow.

Seth got up as well and shared the same sentiment, then followed behind me towards the exit.

We both left the teacher's room after saying goodbyes. I'm heading towards my classroom to pick up my bag, then walking to the bus stop near the school gate.

As I looked at my watch which the time approached 5 in the afternoon, I started growing impatient at waiting for the bus to arrive. My gaze accidentally fell on a black jet color car, heading out of the parking area then stopped in front of me. The window rolled down, and inside sat Seth, looking at me, and said.

"Hey! Are you waiting for a pickup? If not, I can drive you back home." He offered.

"Oh no need, thank you...the bus will arrive soon. And my house is far away from here. I wouldn't want to trouble you." I politely rejected it while waving no.

He suddenly opened the door and got out of his car, walked towards me.

"Where do you live? I don't mind..."

"Hmm, it's in the North Avenue area," I interrupted and looked at him, feeling slightly cornered by the offer.

But the bus came just in time, and so I told him.

"Ah, The bus is here, I have to go...Take care..."

He looked at me going away before he could ask another word.

*****
I reminisced about what just occurred while I sat on the bus. He is a kind person, going out of his way to help me so much despite that we just got to know each other today.

As Ms. Bianca said back then. I'm well aware that he's very popular with all students alike as the captain of a basketball team, even the teachers like him a lot. And one of many reasons that made our school well-known was because we got many awards and prizes in the competitions.

On top of that, he's indeed a handsome figure. Tall, well-built, a strong, well-defined face, it's no wonder so many are vying for his attention.

Not that I particularly care about that myself, I've mostly just heard about it in passing through friends and classmates.

Yeah, I'd rather not have to spend so much time and effort into all of that, it would only be a hassle. The way I'm doing now...just studying and keeping my private life and school separated.

Romance would only interfere with my desire to live a normal life, earning good money and helping people in need, to make them happy. It's one of the things I look up to with my parents, how charitable and helpful they are, often going out of their way to indirectly donate to people in need.

It always fills me with pride knowing I was born into such a good family, and I'd like to make them proud of me as well.

My mother did ask me, why she never heard me tell a story about meeting a guy in school or something like that.

But I had replied to her once and said.

"Mom, I just want to study."