Prologue - The Present Conflict Rendezvous

I turned away, my heart heavy with emotion, and took deliberate steps away from him.

"Just live your life well now, Seth. I don't want to have anything to do with you at all. If a friendship can't work between us, then we have to remain as strangers," I said. My voice filled with a mix of pain and determination, still not daring to look at him as he pleaded.

"I've been searching for you everywhere, in every part of this world, and now you... Wait. Don't tell me you already have someone else ?! We're not finished yet, Archie..."

His voice was filled with desperation.

Unexpectedly, he grabbed my wrist, forcing me to turn and face him.

In the distance, the faint sounds of car horns added to the tense atmosphere.

"Have you been eyeing me all this time?? What the hell are you thinking, Seth?! We are in someone else's country. Please don’t do anything foolish!" I exclaimed, pulling my hand away and staring at him.

I felt so much anger, but when I looked at him, I could see the pain in his eyes and it reminded me of all the hardships we've faced together.

Suddenly. A commotion broke out, with people yelling in the background. Before I could comprehend what was happening, a scream of despair escaped my lips... "NO, SETH. NO!!"