Chapter 2 - The Schoolgirl Problems

"Hey, Mom, are you okay? Please be careful!"

I rushed over to her side to pick up the knife. My nanny, at this point, had come hastily due to the commotion and was helping my mom. I looked up and saw tears welling in her eyes.

"Mom, we're okay. My friend and I are perfectly fine," I reassured her, hoping to ease her worries.

"Oh my goodness," she gasped, struggling to catch her breath, "I can't believe they would do this to you."

Even my dad, who usually stays calm in situations like these, seemed visibly agitated, so I felt the need to explain further.

"Before it got out of hand, our teacher, Mr. George, intervened and reprimanded those misbehaving girls. They seemed surprised at first but then claimed it was unintentional due to the slippery floor."

"But...he almost mentioned that I was your daughter, Dad. The school owner's daughter."

"I don't want my name to cause any issues. Just imagine if I hadn't noticed the bullying because they kept it from me because of who I am. That's why I asked about the promise, Dad."

"We haven't been told about any of this yet," my mom murmured. "But could that be the reason behind Ms. Bernadette's..." She ceased her utterances.

"She did call me," my dad interrupted after calming himself and took a sip of water. "...when I still had meetings with the prime minister. "

"I'll make sure to reach out to her again first thing in the morning. Although I want to call her right now, it's important to have a direct, face-to-face conversation to resolve everything." My dad stated firmly.

"Sweetheart, are you feeling unwell? Do you want to stay home from school tomorrow?" my mother inquired, her brow furrowed with concern.

As I made an appointment with my homeroom teacher before the incident occurred, I let my mom know, "I can't, Mom... I have a program need to discuss with Ms.Bianca tomorrow."

"And I'm fine now. I just wanted to tell you so there will be no incident like this happening."

I continued speaking, offering a reassuring smile to my parents to try to ease their worries.

After giving each of them a warm hug, I made my way back to my room, feeling the weight of their concern still lingering in the air.

*****

"What are you doing?!"

Back in the day, when my friend and I were almost falling, the teacher shouted at the bullies. Luckily, I managed to grab the edge of the windowsill just in time.

One of the girls appeared slightly shocked but then replied, "Oh, we are going to help them, sir. Unfortunately, the floor is still slippery and we accidentally pushed them, but it's nothing serious, you see?" The other girls then hurriedly 'pretended' to assist us.

While I checked up on my friend, I was stunned to hear the teacher almost speak,

"Do you even know who-" he started.

I discreetly glanced at him and politely requested that he refrain from speaking, as my friend required urgent attention at the infirmary. Thankfully, he displayed understanding and courteously guided both of us out of the class.

"Archie, are you sure you're okay?" Mr. George inquired once more.

"Yeah, we're good Sir, everything's fine," I reassured him. Even though to be honest, both my friend and I were truly shocked.

While he still appeared concerned, he assured us that he would notify our homeroom teacher so that we could have the day off due to the incident.

At the infirmary. I made sure she was settled in comfortably before asking if she required anything. Despite my trembling, I tried to remain strong for her.

After that, I stepped outside to fetch drinks for the both of us.

On my way to the school cafeteria, I was suddenly struck in the head. My vision went black for a moment, and then I came to realize that a guy was standing over me.

"Ah, I'm sorry." He suddenly spoke to me in a remorseful tone, apologizing as he caught my gaze.

"Are you okay? That looks hurt."

But before I could answer, I heard yelling from the basketball court.

"Come on, Dude! Get the ball !!" they shouted at him.

"Ah..gotta go, once again. I'm sorry!" He looked at me as he ran off.

I got up while rubbing my head from the pain of being hit and smiled, amused at learning those rumors of passersby being hit by a basketball if you walk over the place during studying hours were true.

I ordered two refreshing glasses of sweet iced tea. I find it relaxing to take a sip and feel the coolness soothe my senses, especially today. It's a simple pleasure that brings me comfort, even when I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Today my luck is terrible, I thought to myself, first my friend, then the teacher, and now a basketball.

Before I could even get my thoughts straight, a bunch of yelling assaulted my ears as well to boot.

"Miss...this iced tea isn't yours. Please wait patiently."

The staff cafeteria said to her, glancing in my direction.

The girl caught and looked towards me and...oh god it's her...the one that was 'bullying' us...

"Here you go, miss. Your order." The staff suddenly said to me while handing me my glass.

"Oh look who it is! It's you again. Why are you always there wherever we go?" She said in a snide tone.

At that point, I noticed the other 3 being nearby.

The group of bullies still flocking together. They moved to surround me.

"Gosh..give me a break..." while mumbling before continuing.

"Ah Yes, what a coincidence," I said dismissively, paying it no mind.

"Where has your little friend gone? After you saved her no less...Did she ditch you? How horrible."

They laughed like a bunch of crows after saying that provoking remark.

"Just because we're not sticking together like you with your 'followers', doesn't mean we stopped being friends."

I was provoked right back, knowing they couldn't do anything when they were seen by everyone.

I chuckled to myself as I got up, by the time I wanted to move suddenly my legs wobbled, falling over while tripping over something stuck to my feet.

When almost my face struck to the ground, an arm yanked me back.

"Hey, careful there...!"

A familiar guy faced me with a gentle voice.

"You...ah, you are" I stammered as I began to remember him.