Romerian Mountains

The Romerian Mountains have been crucial to secure, preventing Imperial forces from easily targeting Charterian Expeditionary Forces and, by extension, the forces of the Allied Kingdoms. Securing these mountains would prevent harassment from the flank. After initial scouting missions confirmed the area was safe, it was incorporated into Operation War Relief. Of course, only you, Brigadier Monroe, and the High Command are privy to this information.

Colonel Carl Sol Rocha

--------------------------------------------------------

17th Esvallia, 1915.
Romaria Mountains
Remote Regions

Section Captain Benner gritted his teeth as arrows whizzed past his head. He fired back with his Wasion revolver, taking down two bandits from the former Imperial army.Two of his men ran up to him, rifles in hand. "Section Captain!" shouted one of them as he stopped beside him.

Benner quickly assessed the situation, noting that most of the bandits were armed with bows. Their aim was poor, and their arrows were hardly a threat.Benner turned to the two men. The demi-human abomination had cast a spell that significantly shortened the range and accuracy of their rifles and carbines.

It was imperative to swiftly neutralize or incapacitate her, as the bandits' numbers continued to swell. Lance Corporal Clancy sought orders, prompting Benner to nod and instruct, "Lance Corporal Clancy, suppress the squad of bandits in that house and provide covering fire for us." Turning to the other man, he added, "Corporal Envalt, you're with me."

As Lance Corporal Clancy readied his rifle with a swift nod, the bandits ceased their assault, redirecting their attention toward the main forces led by 1st Lt Okain. Meanwhile, the Section Captain and the Corporal began to run, with the Section Captain firing his revolver at a group of ten bandits, managing to eliminate two and injure another two. Providing support, the lance corporal suppressed the bandits, preventing three from emerging.

Continuing to advance, Benner drew his saber, cutting through a bandit's arm. As four remaining bandits charged, he swiftly reloaded his revolver, firing alongside the Corporal to eliminate the attackers.

As they pressed forward, passing by another wreckage, the number of guarding bandits increased. Benner found it puzzling that there wasn't more protection around the demi-human.

Despite encountering at least twenty bandits, their focus shifted abruptly when a sudden blast of wind sent Benner flying, plunging him into unconsciousness, leaving everything to fade into uncertainty.

----------------------------------------------------

5th Esliledeo Guard Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Detactment, 1st Company, 8th Section.

At the temporary command post of the 8th Section, two hours before their assault, Section Captain Bernner nodded towards 1st Lt Okain, who sighed deeply in frustration. "Sergeant Benner, how can they expect our section to maintain, let alone take it, when our enemies have been so elusive, unwilling to confront us?" he spoke wearily.

Another nod came from 1st Lt Myrus. "Indeed, but I'm pleased to report that all five of my dragoons are fully ready, as are all ten men of the 8th Section, including us," he said. With that assurance, the section captain turned towards his two subordinates. "We need to make a plan before morning. Our execution should be marked for 7:00 am."

The other two agreed, waiting for the section captain to continue as they turned to look at the map on the table. "1st Lt Myrus will ride out first in full. He will then secure the main entrance from here. 1st Lt Okain will bring in our main forces," Bernner directed, pointing towards the village entrance as he moved the horse piece on the map.