Flamous Confrontation and a Valauble Point

16th of Esvallia, 1915
5th Esliledeo Guard Regiment, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Detactment, 1st Company, 7th Section.

Section Captain Falro stood in silence, grappling with the gravity of the village chief's words. The revelation of a flying landship capable of breathing fire, akin to a fire dragon, sent a chill down his spine. Knowing they had nothing to match such a formidable threat, he swiftly ordered Lance Corporal Katse to scout ahead once more.

Evacuating the villagers posed a daunting challenge, with the risk of inciting mass panic looming large. However, the village chief's decision to inform the villagers left Falro with a clear course of action. He immediately instructed his men to assist the locals in preparing for evacuation.

The prospect of abandoning their hard-built structures weighed heavily on them, yet duty compelled them to move forward. The plan to head towards Italica for safety and to file a report took shape amidst the chaos.

Amidst the turmoil, a carriage wheel coming loose disrupted Falro's thoughts, leading to a horse's distressing scream. Acting swiftly, Second Lieutenant Duar put down the injured horse while rushing to aid the wounded villager.

Meanwhile, apprentice mage Lelei La Lalena used her magic to lighten the wagon and heal the injured, a sight that left Falro both impressed and uncertain.

As the line of refugees began to move, Falro's convoy moved cautiously ahead, ready to face any lurking dangers. He offered the village chief the opportunity to lead upfront, a gesture of respect amidst the uncertainty that lay ahead.

But the old man had chosen to remain behind with his daughter, showing his commitment to his people. Despite this, a few brave children decided to join the convoy, seeking safety in the wagons.

As the convoy began its slow journey, Falro made the decision to leave one wagon behind for the returning dragoons, hoping they would catch up soon.

Everything seemed relatively calm until the unexpected appearance of a young girl caught Falro's attention. Still mounted on his horse, he watched as she effortlessly wielded a large halberd. Her skill with the weapon suggested she was more than just an ordinary village child.

Opting for caution, Falro instructed one of his men to approach the village chief and inquire about the mysterious girl. He couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty that her presence brought, wondering what role she might play in the unfolding events.

His men returned swiftly, delivering urgent news towards the Section Captain Falro. "Section Captain Falro, the village chief warned us not to provoke her. That girl, sir, is the apostle of Emroy. Her name is Rory."

Armed with this newfound knowledge, Falro cursed under his breath. Negotiating with Rory was now an uncertain prospect, and worse, she might be hostile towards them.

Quickly, he issued another order for the village chief to be brought forward. It would be wiser for the old man to approach Rory than for Falro himself to do so.

The apostle could potentially be far more hostile towards him and his men than towards the natives of Coda village. He only hoped that Rory wouldn't be too aggressive towards them.

Falro also summoned another man to seek assistance from the mages, hoping to borrow their magic. Initially, he had deemed Master Alestan's desire to bring all of his books overkill, but now he saw the wisdom in having such resources on hand.

As Rory began to approach their convoy, Falro tightened his grip on the reins of his horse. Finally, the village chief arrived, and they continued at a slow pace. The village chief offered a moment of reverence to Rory.