Chapter 32: Wondering Child

You let out a loud yawn, stretching your arms above your head as you felt your shoulders pop. You rub your eye and fully awake, you see that your companion wasn't in the room.

"Dante?" you untangle your bed head.

The door swung open and he sauntered inside; his white hair was tousled and he was still shirtless. In each hand of his was a mug of steaming coca. He placed them on the dresser before opening the blinds; the golden light of dawn filled the room and giving it an almost heavenly atmosphere.

"Morning, babe." he greeted and sat down next to you, handing one of the mugs. You gave a slight nod of your head and blew into the mug. "You feeling alright?" He asked, rubbing your back.

"Loads, time to head out before daybreak." You replied.

"Alright, then let's get this party started."

You finished your drink and you gathered the rest of your things, stuffing them hastily into your bag. By the time you had gotten to the door and opened it, Dante was already leaning against the frame. He opened his mouth to speak but was cut off by a really loud sound coming from the other room.

Dante flicked his head, gesturing to the hallway behind him. "You go ahead. I'll make sure you got everything."

You didn't really think twice about what he said and agreed. You wanted out badly.   Extra ammo for your guns and slipped past him. You packed them safely in your bag and started to make your way to the stairs. 

Halfway down the flight you stopped when you heard a high-pitched scream. You paused, looking back up the way you came. That sounded like it came from your apartment. Your brow furrowed. 

What did Dante do? 

Before you could run back up to investigate you saw the red devil in question coming down the stairs after you. You opened your mouth to say something but he was pushing your shoulders, forcing you to keep going.

"Come on, let's get going."

You protested weakly, almost falling down the rest of the stairs as Dante pushed you further along. When you were out on the street you didn't realize how cold it was. You could feel the chill in the air nipping at your face and it made you shiver. You pulled your jacket tighter as you followed Dante to his bike, your jaw clenched tight to stop your teeth from chattering. Only once he mounted his bike did you ask about earlier.

"Hey Dante, what did you do?"

He simply shrugged. "Oh, not much. Just doused the two shits with some ice-cold water."

You don't know what would have been more of a shock to the system. Having a stranger barge into your room or having ice water poured on you?

You shook your head. "Oh brother."

Dante cackled to himself, his breath turning into little clouds as soon as it made contact with the cold air of the night. He passed the only helmet he had to you, gesturing for you to take a seat behind him.

"Come on babe, hop on so we can get the hell out of here."

You had been waiting to hear those words all night.

As you two drove in a motorcycle, Dante speed up the high way crossing the roads until a flash of bright light blinds your eyes and cover your arms. Dante hit the break and turn to a stop.

You look around and there is nothing but dark clouds and an empty void to nowhere.

"Wow, the dude is full of surprises and our next stop is the middle of nowhere." Dante sarcastically said.