Chapter 3: A Crazy Party

It's been 1 years now living with Dante, and you have improve your skill a bit.

As the two of you finished breakfast and headed to the mountains for training, something was different.

The man watched with a smirk of concentration in his brow, his arms crossed as he stood in front of you. In the mountains, there was definitely evidence that the two of you had been training there for the last couple of days, Someone would be furious when they found the state of their flower garden.

 Absolutely flattened.

He trained you once again, things were running smoothly - there was something different about the way you worked together today. Dante noticed that you were more determined like a silent passion had been unearthed before your training.

"Let's try something else." Dante hums, taking a step closer to you.

He held out his sword, pushing the handle towards you. The two of you stood in silence for a moment, watching for each other's reaction. As he silently urged for you to take the blade, you raised your eyebrow slightly, Dante wasn't the type to let others use his things and more specifically you'd never seen him let anyone use the buster sword before. It had sentimental value to him, something that had been passed down for years.

 And yet he was letting you practice with it?

 You  hesitantly reach out to take it. 'You sure this is a good idea?'

"Would I be giving it to you if I wasn't?" He retorted.

The man took a step back, picking up the weapon that you'd been using previously. He grimaced slightly at the flimsiness of it - whilst there were benefits of being an expert with one blade, being completely biased to it also had its drawbacks.

"You damage it in any way and I'll knock you on your ass."

Footsteps dig into the dirt, followed by grunts and heavy breaths as you adjusted to the weight of the sword. It was a skill to be able to handle this in combat, something you'd never actually say to Dante's face. His gaze narrowed, jaw locking slightly as he focused. Dante would be lying if he said he wasn't the competitive type. 

The better you got, the more he wanted to push you. He would never mention it, but you fit his fighting style perfectly - if Morrison knew that he was happy about this match he'd never hear the end of it.

"Straighten your back." Dante ordered as he watched you lunge at him, swiftly avoiding your strike. 

He countered your attack, lunging the slightly rusted sword in a way that only just missed your neck. You frowned in annoyance, gritting your teeth slightly. With both hands, you swung the buster sword again, aiming for Dante's waist. Yet again, he dodged, swinging himself underneath the blade.

"You're too slow."

Dante critiqued, his blue gaze concentrated into a slight glare. The man scoffed as you rolled your eyes, he watched the way you swung the sword in a faster manner - taking his advice and critiques not only to mind but also to heart. He was starting to piss you off, fueling your adrenaline. 

Your weapons clashed, the mountains echoing with a twang of metal around the world.

Dante held his position, he pushed his sword against yours - eyes staring into yours. He didn't move his gaze, challenging you to break away first. You pushed back, breathing heavily.

The man pushed again, causing you to lose your footing slightly. You dropped your weapon, wiping the sweat from your forehead.

Your heart was racing, you definitely were not a perfect fighter - but the abandoned church elevated your spirits slightly. It was eerily beautiful, you couldn't help but notice the way Dante's sword caught the light - the metal reflecting the sunlight against his face as it fell before him. He looked stunning, the way determination sparkled in his eyes.