Chapter 22: Cruelty

Dante tried calling you on the phone but you won't pick up, and which could mean that you must've turn off your ringer if you were to involve Dante in this matter.

"Damn it..." Dante hissed.

Suddenly Morrison drops by and greets him.

"Morning Dan-"

"Where is she, Morrison?" he cut's him off.

Morrison stop mid-track and sighs knowing  that Dante is worried about you. "I was afraid you might find out. (Y/n) is in The Crown City with their new King of Lucis."

The devil hunter is not surprised but listen to some details anyways, he wants to get this show on the road.

"A friend of (Y/n)'s that stopped by a few days ago when you left? He's asking her to go undercover to meet the King himself. Something about a Crystal to destroy and probably harming his King and so on.  Cor said something about (Y/n)'s power will save someone which confused me. Any idea what that means, Dante?"

 "Maybe...."He'd thrown his red coat over his shoulders and headed for the door as he called over his shoulder:  "So, Morrison where does this trash bag live again?"

"Didn't you hear me explain? It's in the Crown City, Insomnia. You'll never able to get there in 5 whole days."

"That's more than enough to nap the rest of the way." Dante picks up his guitar and head out the door before Morrison called out to him.

"Dante don't be an idiot! There's guards surrounding the kingdom and (Y/n) will probably broke the entrance getting killed."

"I don't care. Anything that the idiot girl gets herself, I'll drag her back if she doesn't come back."

"You really like her a lot huh?"

Dante scoffs. "So what if I did? Who else cooks my dinner for pizza?"

 Dante hadn't even waited for a response as he continued out the door while Morrison just watched.

"He better get her back. His tab and all.  Those two are quite made for each other."

{~With (Y/n)~}

"Your Majesty." Your voice which greeted the king sounded firm and strong.

Noctis didn't respond and instead continued to observe you. From the sight of you standing before him a surge of unknown caution washed over him, as if you were a threat of some sort.

Your eyes held their focus..There was no softness in that gaze. It was a look that conveyed determination and overwhelming ambition. He took note of your average appearance, giving away the fact that you were of ordinary standing. Although your face is covered with a veil.

You held you gaze at Noctis.

This was the king standing in front of you; the man turning the gears of the kingdom. The one who had your whole life on the palm of his hand.

Unlike the guards who you dealt with earlier, you definitely felt powerless under his presence as he stood tall before you at the top of the stairs which led to his throne.

The light shining through the large windows behind him gave him the silhouette of a god. His eyes that stared down upon were filled with authority and power. Yet they were so bleak and lifeless, like a part of him was slipping away.

Heavy and thick silence hung between the two of you like dense fog in the room, as you continued to stare at each other with the gaze of strangers, that aloof judgement with no strings. The atmosphere was unsettling producing a vague tremor to slither down your spine.