Chapter 14: The Night Sky

You and Dante were in the gates of hell. Dante was waiting at the counter while Rodin making drinks for you, "Those assholes sure know how to get attention, even perked the ears of the hot heads down home."

"You don't say." You hummed as Rodin leaned closer on the counter.

"Getting harder and harder to tell the worlds apart." He demonstrates to the bottles "Human world, inferno, Paradiso, who can tell the difference?"

"Even harder with hell in the middle, fight long enough in there and you'll really lose sight. Why the sudden interest in metaphysics?" Dante asked tapping his fingers on the counter.

"Its a balance, right even if some of them like messin' around with the humans, we've all hot a stake in the status quo. But people keep f*****' around like this, the book of Revelations is gonna look like mother goose. Heaven and Hell are gonna go straight for each others throats." He explains, looking at you with intensity while his eyes are glowing red behind his shades as the wine bottle cracks between them.

"Heaven and hell can tear each other to pieces for all I care. I've got my own problems to worry about." You sat up with your arm.

"Somethings up. Everything was a bit too brazen, and Enzo tip makes the timing too perfect. This reeks of a setup." Rodin press a button and  the shelf moves apart, showing a bunch of weapons. "Someone in one of those lost memories calling you out."

Looking through various of weapons for you to use on your journey "I got a little present for you. These babies are special."

You perk your interest in what weapons Rodin has to offer after all she didn't want to keep fighting with cheap toys, Rodin set the box down with a cloth covering them slipping them over.  "Build from an alloy the devil himself would kill to get his hands on. Don't break these, cuz they're one of a kind."

He finishes showing a new pair of guns that could last for a long time.

"Ooh!~" Dante whistle with his lips , admiring them close as you throw two guns in the air.

Meanwhile Rodin making drinks while you twirl them in your hand, facing each other again.

"Calling us out. I don't go in for strange offers, then again We're getting a little tired of these weaklings they keep throwing at her." Dante got your drink from Rodin as he complains about the demons that don't give enough much of a fight.

"Maybe I should aim for something more high class." You aim your gun in the air as the light reflected on it, drinking  in one go.

"Pounding them down good tonight, baby, not to butt into your both affairs but I'm pretty sure you two got somewhere better to be. The guys you're up against aren't the type to wait for you to finish a round."