Chapter 30: Attack on Niflheim

The burning sensation that had come with drinking the liquor down had all but vanished and the potent smell of its warmth had filled your nostrils as if it were stuck to your clothes.

Sleep had caught up to you quicker than you expected and the morning sunrise had followed faster. Your head ached and you shielded your eyes from the sun as you shifted in bed, pulling the sheets with you. Your foot had brushed against something, more specifically someone else's leg and you squinted your eyes shut as you pouted.

This was just a dream; one that you would wake up from feeling relieved, you thought. A sigh escaped your lips as you cracked your eyes open and turned towards the person.

The head of white hair against a pillow and the muscular back that greeted you were unsettling for more than one reason. You glanced away and lifted the sheet covering your body to peak at your clothing, or the lack of it as it seemed. 

You dropped the sheet and cursed softly to yourself as you ran a hand through your hair before glancing at your companion.

"Shit..."

You couldn't help but chew at your lip in nervousness as you stared at Dante's back. The sound of his heavy, deep breaths was a blessing; at least he was still asleep, it would make slipping out of the room that much easier.

Slowly and quietly you moved towards the edge of the bed, dragging the bed sheet with you. Your feet touched the dark stained hard wood floors and you continued to move as you carefully kept an eye on Dante.

You change into your purple assassin tunic and head to the balcony window feeling the wind in your long hair.

This will probably the last day being here in your old home and then you resume your mission to defeat Ardyn and destroy the Crystal.

You cook your own breakfast and Dante woke up with a sniff and yawned before he sees you outside. The sweet smell of food roused Dante from his sleep and slowly he moved towards the balcony. He dragged his feet and he froze in the doorway to admire you. He stared, blinking back the tiredness of his eyes.

The way you wore a tunic with purple color, it made you show your true self that nothing can ever seem to trap your numb emotions. His eyes were drawn towards your legs. He could see the curves of your backside.

"Babe." Dante startled you that you almost drop your toast and jerk your head to him.

"Gee Whiz, you scared me!" You munch your food aggressively.

"I'm not sorry." Dante shrugged and took a piece of toast in his mouth. "I miss my pizza order."

"No kidding." You grumbled.

Dante remained silent as he watched you. You cleared your throat awkwardly as you continue to eat your food. Awkward as it seems and you had no idea that you literately kissed the Devil Hunter.

It wasn't so bad, Dante thought. He just wished you would try and sober a bit and then you can tell him how you feel.

"So last night," Dante began as you perked up. "Was a hell of a night."

You opened your mouth to say something in response but he had beaten you to it. "Nice suit."

A light thinned smile touched your lips. You weren't really in the mood to have this conversation nor did you want to, you were afraid that things would be different between you, a bad different.

"It's not everyday you show your color meaning. You like red, I like purple." you muttered

"Considering how drunk you are last night, it suits you." he retorted with a slight smirk as he rose from his seat.