Chapter 10: Drive!

You, Dante and Lady looked up at the tower after you patch Lady's leg while Dante helps you up.

"Are ya gonna go?" Dante asked Lady.

"Yes, I'm going to finish him off." She stated it coldly, having regained all her hatred for her monster of a father.

"Well you might as well forget it, 'cause, you're no match for him." Dante said, remembering that she barely could fight him, and she was probably in the best condition in that fight.

"Regardless, I must go. I had a chance to stop him before, but I couldn't, I'm responsible for all this mess." Lady said, ashamed that she let herself be manipulated.

"Responsible? Does it bother you that much?" Dante asked, looking at her surprised and concerned, only to have her snap back at him.

"He's my father! Besides, who else can undo what he's done..."

Dante put a hand on his hip, watching as Lady walked away and fired her rocket's knife up into the tower as a grapple.

"A demon-like you wouldn't understand." and with that, Lady went zipping up the tower, leaving Dante and you alone.

"Father and family, huh?" Dante looking toward the hole that ate his brother, "Well I'll go too... But you better hurry if you don't want me and my girlfriend to take all the credit!" He shouted as if Lady could still hear him.

He then walked his way toward the Beowulf gauntlets Vergil had dropped, picking them up for himself. Then, he turned you, smirking.

"You really had me me there, Babe. So did you get your voice back from that moron?" He commented, crossing his arms.

You gave him a disappointing look which his face drop. "Oh boy, don't tell that look you're giving is saying that you didn't?"

You hold out a locket that contains your voice when you fought Arkam. It sadly turns out it was a fake and has a small written word that said, 'Jokes on you, better luck next time. ~Love Jester.~'

Dante has jaws dropped and took the paper from your hand and read it over again before crumbling it in his palms before throwing it angrily.

His cursed under his breath as you sighed. 'At this rate, I'll never get my voice back. I'll be a muted girl for the rest of my life.'

You brush your hair aside, however Dante will not give up. "Well I'm not giving up. I haven't gave up on finding your voice. If it won't work, then I guess I'll be the one to voice out your opinion. As much as I want to know what you think, it doesn't matter. We could share our credit."

You shook your head. 'I don't deserve credit.'

He shrugged, not minding. "Yes, you can. I volunteered. We are a team, right?"

You nodded before your lips turn upwards a bit. He smirks as he walked toward the door to leave the room, you follow at his side as you  went up the elevator.

"You know, I imagine your voice could be very soothing." He compliments making you perked up his interest. "To tell you the truth, it shocks me that the clown mentioned you  were a demon princess? Like hello? When are you gonna tell me you were a princess? When are you going to tell me you were a Dragon-Phoenix, which sound very fancy. What the hell is the Eye of what god does it want you for?"

He chuckled, then realizing that you probably couldn't get enough words for that. You want to tell him but your still stuck being the muted girl. He probably made you unhappy. "Okay, my bad. Forget I asked that...just leave it to me and I'll get your voice back. You don't mind me being different, right?"