Start of a new life!

Recap: Jannat, Shayan and Alyaan separated their ways. Shayan went Australia and Alyaan left to launch a new branch in the far city.

Chap 11. Start of a new life!

Jannat's wedding day!

Being nervous, scared, sad, and happy on your wedding day is nothing new! Every bride feels the same way! I was going through all these feelings too.

Now, I understand what Ria must have felt on her wedding day!!

It's my wedding day, and I am in the bridal room, waiting for the perfect time to be called on stage.

Never in my life, I thought that my wedding will happen without Shayan and Alyaan. I was missing Shayaan's care and Alyaan's teasing. It has been a couple of months, neither of us had contacted each other. Our group was silent for the past many months.

I was busy in my thoughts, when the door opened and in came Ria, to take me to stage.

As we neared the stage, Shaheer got up from his sofa and gave me his hand to help me ascend up the stage. With accelerating heartbeats I stepped up and we sat on the sofa.

The session of pictures, videos, and congratulations started after that. People from my family and Shaheer's family congratulated us and prayed for us.

The night went on, and the time of Rukhsati came, I started sobbing badly as I hugged bab janii, mama and Ria. Shaheer gently grabbed my hand and pulled me away from them and guided me towards the car.

With the help of Ria, I settled in Shaheer's car, beside the owner of the car. My hands shivering, my heartbeat increasing, my mind blank, my feelings unexpressed, and my eyes crying!

Soon, the car stopped in front of his house, and so did my breath!

I got off of the car with the help of Shaheer's mother. I stepped into his house and with that I stepped into my new life.

¤¤¤

The next morning, I found myself waking up in the arms of my husband.

My husband! My lips curved upwards at the thought.

I tried to get out of his grip, but he tightened his grip around me, pulling me closer. His face flashing a smile, his eyes closed.

I gave up the battle of getting out of bed and laid down calmly. He opened his eyes and stared at me, saying nothing.

"What?" I broke the silence.

"I love you!" He carelessly replied, with a smile never leaving his face. The same goes for me!

I tried to push him, but he tightened his grip. I smiled at his gesture and said, "Shaheer, lemme go!"

"I love you too, baby!" He replied, his eyes closed.

"Shaheer! Get up." I requested in a low voice.

"I love you most." He repeated.

"Shaheer, you are so annoying." I faked annoyance. He narrowed his eyes on me, and removed his hand from my waist, "Now what ?" He asked

"Get up, and get ready! It's getting late. Your mother must be waiting for us." I demanded.

"Take some sleep, Jannat! Or else you'll look like a wreck in Walima function." He told.

I narrowed my eyes at him and asked, worrying, "Do I look like one?"

He sheepishly smiled, "Take a joke, wife!"