Trip to Naran..

Chap 7. Trip to Naran

I couldn't sleep peacefully whole night, because of excitement embracing me. I was wide awake before morning alarm rang.

Oh God, I am excited!!

With a boast of enthusiasm, I left the bed and leave my footprints on the way of the washroom. After taking a long, relaxing bath, I changed into full sleeve maroon kurti to go with black jeans. I was combing my hair when my phone buzzed indicating Shayaan's call. I picked it up and he told me that they were coming in 15 minutes to pick me up. 15 minutes were more than enough!

We decided to take two cars. One for the couples and other for our trio and the intruder: Shaheer.

After I was perfectly ready, I left my room with my bag and walked downstairs to join mama and Baba janii for breakfast.

Throughout the breakfast, they told me to behave well, have manners, eat properly, wear warm, keep in contact, take pictures and have fun. To which I heard and assured them I will comply.

We were cut when doorbell ring and came in view my beloved sister followed by 7 others, including Shaheer. Ria hugged mama and baba janii. After a session of talk over tea, we left the villa, sat in car and started our journey to heaven on Earth!

¤¤¤

The car was speeding on the road. Shayan was driving smoothly, I was seated on passengers seat whilst Shaheer and sleeping Alyaan at the back. With ironic song covering the silence.

I had a dream so big and loud
I jumped so high I touched the clouds
Wo-o-o-o-o-oh
I stretched my hands out to the sky
We danced with monsters through the night.

I'm never gonna look back
Whoa, I'm never gonna give it up
No, please don't wake me now

This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-ife
Oo-o-o-o-oo
This is gonna be the best day of my life
My li-i-i-ife

The song list was selected by Alyaan. He thought the trip is going to be the best days of our life. But here, I was having the bore-st moments of my life. I had never been this much quiet in my whole life. None of us had spoken a word for the past two solid hours. I hope rest of the trip be different than this!

I wonder what Ria, Rehan, Aryaan bhai and Hoor will be doing? Enjoying or getting bored like us?
I hope, the first one!

¤¤¤

"Jenny, Utho, wake up." I felt someone gently shaking my shoulder in an attempt to wake me up. 

I opened my eyes and looked around to find Shayan in the driver's seat. "Are we there?" I asked, yawning.  

Instead of answering, he lectured, "Put a hand on your mouth when you yawn."

"Yes, mom," I replied sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and answered the question which I asked earlier, "We aren't there yet, but it's raining. And it's not safe to drive in this weather, especially in the mountains. So, we are staying in a hotel nearby."

I blinked my eyes to register the happenings and absorb the information which he conveyed.

We are not in Naran! An unexpected change in plan. The sudden downpour has stopped us. So technically, this trip is going to be more boring as I had assumed.

"Where are we?" I asked when I finally swim back from my pool of thoughts.

"Abbottabad." Was his short answer.