Jannat - The Millionaire!!

Chap 2. Jannat - The Millionaire

After 3 hours of roaming in the mall, I and Ria came back home with only one shopping bag in our hands, which contains jewellery.

We entered in our villa and said our Salams when Baba janii called us in his study room.

Looks like something is serious.

We entered in his study room. He was sitting on his office chair, with his back towards us. Ria knocked at the door to grab his attention. He turned towards us with a serious look. Which was soon replaced by his signature smile, as he saw us.

"Ap ny bulaya Baba janii? [You called?]" Ria asked.

He nodded and motioned us to take seats. We settled down and faced him. Eager to know why he called in his study room.

It's not like we have a distant relationship with our father. But it's just, study room seems serious. The environment is serious. The talks are serious. And I don't like when parents get serious.

"Well.. Are you girls done with your shopping? He asked out of nowhere. This can't be the reason he called us here. Just to ask this question. No!

"Aamm.. essentials, yes. But you know my closet is always ready to welcome to new stuff." Ria replied in a confused tone and gave an awkward laugh after it.

I know she is thinking the same..!!

"Well! That's great. I hope everything is according to your will." He said and she nodded.

Silence !!

Not again. I had enough of this treatment in day.

I observed Baba janii's face. There was a line on his forehead. Which means he is serious, like Seriously serious.

After a couple of seconds, akram chacha(servant) entered in the study room with files in his hand. He handed them to Baba janii and Baba janii signaled him to leave and close the door. He left, obeying orders.

Baba janii sighed and spoke. "I should have done it earlier but I  think, now is a good time."

Me and Ria were highly confused now. We don't have the slightest of idea what he was upto.

He continued. " I have distributed all my wealth among you two."

We were shocked. Why he would do so ?

I voiced my thoughts and asked. "Why?" My voice barely above whisper.

He smiled and stated, "I knew you would ask that." His eyes shifted to Ria and he continued, "My doll is getting married in two weeks. This might be a gift from my side. And this was meant to be happen. I had to. Before you girls asked for it, I did it."

"We would never do that." I said in a firm tone.

"Time changes people." He simply stated.

"You really think time can change-" she moved her hand in a circle air, indicating three of us, "- this bond."

"No!" He said while grabbing a pen from his table, and continued," and, Why you girls are getting series? This was bound to happen. If not today, then some other day. Then why not today?"

"And why today? Why not some other day?" I questioned.

"The sooner, the better." He simply stated.

"Magar jaldi ka kam tou shaitaan (saten) ka hota haii. [Hurrying is what devils do]" I replied.

He laughed and said, "it means you were right. 'English Urdu always contradict'"