Chapter 40 Chaotic Events

The Bull Demon King, upon witnessing the formidable power of his strike, felt somewhat embarrassed and said, "Old Bull didn't intend to kill anyone."

Bi Moon Crow, seeing the celestial soldiers harmed, shouted, "Audacious demon bull, how dare you slaughter the celestial troops!"

Looking down from his vantage point, the Bull Demon King, far from angry, laughed in response, "Do you think I should just surrender without a fight when you come to capture me? Ha-ha, celestial troops? You consider yourselves superior, but I see you as nothing more than insects and shrimp. What do you think about that?"

To the side, Wukong was secretly amazed. The Bull Demon King had improved both his aura and cultivation during his eight years of seclusion, truly embodying the principle of strengthening oneself through combat.

Meanwhile, Wei Fire Tiger and Ji Fire Leopard, unable to contain their anger, attacked the Bull Demon King from both sides. Wei Fire Tiger wielded a steel bone soft whip that moved unpredictably, while Ji Fire Leopard held twin wrist-mounted steel claws, their tips shimmering with a dark purple luster, a clear sign of deadly poison.

Having worked together for many years, their coordination was impeccable. Wei Fire Tiger led the frontal assault, while Ji Fire Leopard waited for an opportunity to launch a surprise attack from the side. Wei Fire Tiger's whip, a weapon he had clearly put much effort into, allowed him to exchange blows with the Bull Demon King, who was known for his immense strength.

The Bull Demon King, grinning widely, was pleased to find an opponent worthy of his strength. Known for his formidable power, it took him no more than a couple of exchanges to send Wei Fire Tiger's whip flying and leave his arms so numb he could hardly lift them. Ji Fire Leopard, on the other hand, found no openings in the Bull Demon King's tight defense and circled around fruitlessly looking for an opportunity.

Enraged, Wei Fire Tiger yelled, "What are you waiting for?"

Xin Yuehu and Fang Xin Rabbit joined the fray, one wielding a pink silk ribbon and the other a black jade medicine pestle. Along with Bi Moon Crow and Wei Tuzhi, they surrounded the Bull Demon King, forming a tight circle.

Unfazed, the Bull Demon King fought back vigorously, swinging his iron staff so rapidly that the six attackers dared not come close, hoping instead to exhaust his strength before making their move.

Wukong, watching from afar, understood their tactics and, wanting to prevent the Bull Demon King from falling into a disadvantage, stealthily approached with his golden cudgel in hand. He particularly disliked Ji Fire Leopard and struck him from behind. Despite Ji Fire Leopard's sudden sense of danger, he couldn't escape Wukong's premeditated attack. With a thud, Ji Fire Leopard was struck down, his life ending in an instant.

A wisp of Ji Fire Leopard's soul fled from his body into Wei Fire Tiger's arms.

The remaining five, shocked by the destruction of Ji Fire Leopard's physical body, realized the severity of their situation. Although Ji Fire Leopard's soul survived, capable of reincarnating with a new body in the celestial realm, this defeat cost him a millennium of cultivation.

Wukong revealed himself, laughing, "Brother Bull, how was that for a strike?"

The Bull Demon King retorted with a laugh, "You monkey, where were you hiding just now? You gave me quite the scare!"

Fang Xin Rabbit's pale face turned blood red with rage. After a quick exchange of plans through telepathy with the others, he, Xin Yuehu, Wei Fire Tiger, and Bi Moon Crow engaged Wukong and the Bull Demon King in battle. Meanwhile, Wei Tuzhi led several hundred celestial soldiers towards the Mountain of Flowers and Fruit, causing the lesser demons to scatter in panic. Only the Four Marshals and the Seventy-Two Cave Demon Kings, along with a few brave demons, dared to confront the celestial troops.