Chapter 37 Joyous News Spreads

He followed the instructions and employed the "Soul Projection" technique, which resulted in an invisible mini-Wukong hovering in the air, watching the earthly Wukong standing motionless below. Silently reciting another incantation, he then used the "Embryonic Transformation" technique, causing the earthly Wukong to transform into a form that resembled ventilation, incapable of walking or speaking, yet still standing there dumbfounded.

The TongFeng said, "This isn't right. If your soul completely exits your body, leaving no essence to command it, how can it move? You need to use the 'Soul Division' technique and try again!"

Wukong, puzzled, asked, "What is the 'Soul Division' technique?"

Tongtian was also surprised, "You don't know the 'Soul Division' technique?"

Wukong shook his head, "My master never taught me."

Tongtian laughed heartily, "Your master is indeed interesting. He taught you so many profound techniques, yet he didn't teach you the most basic 'Soul Division' technique."

Wukong, feeling somewhat embarrassed, said, "Perhaps it was too simple, and my master deemed it unworthy of teaching."

Tongtian then imparted the incantation for the 'Soul Division' technique to Wukong, saying, "In this world, nine out of ten divine powers are driven by incantations. The origins of these incantations, who created them, remain a mystery. However, they are universally effective for all beings. Give it a try."

Wukong tried again and, as expected, the earthly Wukong could now speak and move, wielding divine powers just like him, albeit with slightly lesser abilities.

Tongtian added, "If you master these three techniques and augment them with your magic power, your clone could even undertake cultivation on your behalf."

Wukong found the divine power fascinating after a few trials. Watching another version of himself was a peculiar experience he had never encountered before.

Suddenly, Wukong had an idea. He plucked a hair, shouted "Change!" and blew on it. Instantly, hundreds of little monkeys appeared on the ground, jumping and frolicking vividly.

The TongFeng's eyes lit up, praising, "What a brilliant integration technique!"

Wukong thought to himself that without having read "Journey to the West," one wouldn't know this was the signature ability of the Monkey King. It then occurred to him that in "Journey to the West," when Wukong wreaked havoc in the Heavenly Palace, he could spread his hairs to create a troop of monkeys. Who taught him the 'Soul Division' technique? Perhaps it was included in the seventy-two transformations but not in the thirty-six transformations.

Wukong exclaimed joyfully, "With this ability, it's now possible to rescue Wuzhiqi."

However, the TongFeng immediately shook his head, saying, "There's no rush."

Wukong felt suspicious. The TongFeng was quite happy to hear that Wuzhiqi was still alive, so why not rescue him?

The TongFeng explained, "You think I'm not in a hurry, but to destroy the 'Ruyi Demon Locking Chain,' merely having the blood of Yu's descendants is not enough. We also need the method to melt the chain. I've been pondering over this for days without any clue."

Wukong replied, "All metals in the world are smelted with fire. What's so difficult about that?" He extended his palm, and a blue flame burst forth, "Can't the Samadhi True Fire melt that broken chain?"

The TongFeng shook his head, "You haven't grasped the meaning of 'Ruyi'. While the Samadhi True Fire is powerful, it might only make the chain thinner or softer. If there's even a slight connection, it would immediately return to its original state. That's the power of 'Ruyi'."