Chapter 24 Battle Against the Stars

Wukong paused for a moment, then said, "If this brother here is not otherwise occupied, how about joining us on our journey?"

Indeed, the Minotaur agreed with delight, cracking a wide smile and laughing heartily, "If there's such a treasure land, I'd truly love to see it."

Wukong asked, "I am Sun Wukong, may I know the esteemed name of this Daoist brother?"

The Minotaur replied, "What esteemed name? Master always calls me 'Clumsy Bull'."

The two fox spirits introduced themselves; the male was named Hu Zhi, and the female, Hu Yu. Wukong said, "In that case, I'll take these two and ride the clouds. Brother Bull, you can keep up, right?"

Clumsy Bull glared, "Are you underestimating me? If you can leave me behind, I'll call you brother, how about that?"

Wukong laughed heartily, "Alright, then let's have a try."

Just as the four were about to take off, a voice from the sky commanded, "Stop, you demons!" Two colorful clouds floated down, and ten people jumped down from them, all in bright armor and sharp weapons. Leading them were two with peculiar appearances: one dressed in black armor wielding a black spear, his beak as though painted with black lacquer, making him appear as if he had rolled out of a coal heap, save for the whites of his eyes. The other was dressed in a myriad of colors, with green boots, white trousers, a blue cape over a red robe, and two feathers on his head trembling, over half a meter long, his tail extraordinarily bright, holding a seven-colored feather fan.

Wukong chuckled, "Here comes a business opportunity."

Clumsy Bull inquired, "What business?"

Wukong replied, "With such fine feathers, opening a clothing store would surely be profitable."

Clumsy Bull was taken aback for a moment, then burst into laughter, while Hu Zhi and Hu Yu, seeing Wukong's confident demeanor, felt much more at ease.

The one in black armor declared, "Bold demons, we are the Bi Moon Crow and Wei Earth Pheasant from the Western Seven Lodgings of the twenty-eight constellations, here to capture you for harboring the fox spirits upon the divine command."

Hearing about the twenty-eight constellations, Wukong instantly became alert. Kui Wood Wolf, Jing Wood Anteater, Kang Metal Loong... In the original Journey to the West, these constellations had interactions with the Handsome Monkey King. Kui Wood Wolf was a martial arts master; even Pigsy and Sandy couldn't defeat him. Kang Metal Loong's single horn was incredibly hard, able to pry open even Maitreya's golden cymbals, and Jing Wood Anteater was notably significant in capturing the Rhinoceros spirit. Although seemingly of low status within the celestial court, each of the twenty-eight constellations possessed true abilities, leaving a strong impression on Wukong: they were formidable.

Though Wukong had not encountered Bi Moon Crow and Wei Earth Pheasant before, considering their avian beaks, he shivered, recalling every such figure in the entire Journey to the West saga was extraordinary. The Peacock Great Ming King who swallowed the Tathagata was one thing, but even his brother, the Golden Winged Great Peng, was a match Wukong couldn't win. Mao Sun(Ri) Chicken , with a needle refined from its eyes, managed to subdue the Centipede spirit that caused Wukong much trouble. While Wukong was calculating, Clumsy Bull could no longer hold his patience, "I'll take you two birdmen, ascending to the heavens and then forgetting your origins, calling out 'demon' this and 'demon' that. I'll break your mouth and see if you dare to babble again!"

Bi Moon Crow sneered, "This demon bull has become human and presumes to be lofty. You must realize, whether in heaven or on earth, there are rules to follow!"