Chapter 14

Amber POV:

I go into the kitchen, seeing Jamie scavenging for something in one of his kitchen cabinets. I walk behind him, trying to not get attention. I successfully, got behind him with out him noticing me and smiled.

"You need help?" I asked, Jamie flinching and then looked behind him.

"No", He laughed, "And besides, even if I did need help, I wouldn't ask. You guys are my guests!"

"Well, I want to help! Besides, Noelle and Belle left me out of playing Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games!" I said, while the noises of the game continued in the background.

"Oh...That's what I was hearing!"Jamie looked back at what he was cooking.

"So, what can I help with?" I asked, eager to get started.

"Well, you could help with dessert. What do you guys want for dessert anyway?" He asked.

"I don't know- Let me go asked Belle and Noelle." I walked out of the kitchen and toward the two girls.

"Hey, Jamie's making spaghetti with chicken for dinner. What do you guys want for dessert?

"Can we have Chocolate Chip Cookies covered in more chocolate?" Noelle asked.

"No! Brownies with Ice Cream on top of them!" Belle counterclaimed Noelle.

"Wait- Yea! What she said!" Noelle agreed with Belle.

"Ill see what I can do" I walked back to Jamie.

"What'd they want?" He asked, looking at me.

"Do you have the ingredients to make Brownies? And do you have Ice Cream?" I asked.

"I probably have Ice Cream, and for the Brownies...I think I do. The ingredients are in the cabinet." Jamie pointed towards a cabinet.

"Thanks" I walked over to the cabinet and saw everything I needed to make brownies with.

I pulled up my recipe and started making the batter. Jamie was finishing making dinner too. He went to grab some plates from another cabinet, which was quite close to where I was standing. I looked over slightly, getting a good look at Jamie.

 He looked really nice, as usual of course. But the more I looked at him, the more I felt butterflies in my stomach. I looked away quickly, hoping he didn't notice me staring at him. I finished the batter and put it in a baking pan to bake. I put it in the oven and wanting into the dining room, where everyone else was.

Jamie POV

I went to grab some plates from a cabinet near Amber. As I was grabbing the plates, I noticed Amber looking over at me slightly. I continued to act like I didn't notice her staring at me, but then I noticed her face turning a light blush color. I finished grabbing the plates and I think she notice, because she looked away from me quickly.

I plated our food, thinking about Amber and her strange behavior. As I thought about it, I felt my face becoming hotter. I opened my camera app on my phone to get a glimpse of my face, and mine looked similar to Amber's. With a light blush. 

I questioned why my face turned red while thinking about her. I mean Amber is pretty nice, calm, humble, and also...quite beautiful...She was always...attractive...

Amber POV

Everyone else was seated in their chairs, so I took a spot next to Belle. I looked over at Noelle and Jamie. Noelle was happily chatting away with Jamie. Belle was eating her food while looking over at them and contributing to their conversation with small comments.