Chapter 4

I woke up the next morning to my phone's alarm. I hated it with all my being, but I needed it. Or else I would never wake up. I got out of bed and headed off to the kitchen. I needed to eat before I packed, though I really didn't feel like eating. I grabbed a bowl and poured myself some cereal. I sat down and checked my phone. 

Everything seemed at least a bit normal. My parents were texting me a lot through the night though. I quickly answered all their texts. But as I was about to get off my phone, I saw his number. It was at the top of my contact list, since I just added him. I clicked on the contact, and typed a message in.

"Good Morning, it's Amber. Thanks for your number." I put.

"I didn't know whether to send it or not. I was early, so I didn't assume he would be up, and Im really not in the mood for actually texting or talking. But this is just a thanks, I don't think that it will do much. I sent it out and turned on my speaker. I put some music on, and started packing. It was winter, so I packed stuff for the cold. I also needed to think about what I was going to do with her kids, my nieces. 

My place was good enough to fit all 3 of us. I got a house like this because my parents and siblings would visit quite often. So I think I could just turn the guest rooms into their rooms. I continued to think about it, until I was taken out of thought by my phone. I grabbed it, and checked what it was. It was a text message, from Jamie. 

"Hey! Good Morning Amber! Hope you're having a good morning. I wanted to ask you yesterday, but I didn't have the chance, but would you like to hang out? I really like you so far, and would like to get to know you better." He wrote.

I sat and looked over the message. I mean, was I really in the condition of going out right now? I mean, some fresh air would be nice, and maybe being with someone else could help me...

"Hey. I would like to get to know you better too. What are you thinking about?" I replied.

"Well, i was hoping we could go get some coffee and maybe just walk around?" He asked.

"That's fine. Im free at 2:30 today, if thats good with you."I texted.

"Thats good. I'll see you at 2:30 then." He replied.

"See ya."I texted.

I put my phone down and finished packing. I still had an hour and a half to get ready. I made myself an outfit and went to the bathroom. I quickly took a shower and did my hair. I didn't really want to do my make-up, so I went with a neutral look. I finished and was just on time. It was 2:20, so I got in my car and started driving.

I arrived just on time. I got out of my car and entered the cafe. We decided to meet up at the cafe and then head to the park. I looked around for Jamie. I could have waited a little longer to leave, because I didn't need to be on point. I ordered my drink and sat at a table.

Many people walked past as I waited for Jamie. But it wasn't long till he showed up. 

"Hey, Amber."He walked up to me and sat down.

"Oh, Hi Jamie. Did you order already?" I asked as I put my phone away.

"Yea. They said it would be out in a bit." He said.

"Alright. Well, how are you liking New York?" I asked.

"It's nice. It's definitely something I will need to get used to though." Jamie said.

They called Jamie's name so he went to get his drink. I sipped out of mine. It was cold out, so I got a hot drink, with chocolate and hazelnut. It kinda tasted like a Ferrero Rocher chocolate candy, which was one of my favorites. Jamie came back with his drink in a similar cup as mine. I had to assume he got a hot drink too.

"What did you get?" I asked.

"I got a Maple Pecan latte. And you?" He sipped his drink.

"Yours sounds good. I got a Chocolate Hazelnut Mocha. I really like chocolate so, it just seemed right to get." I replied.

"Yours sounds good too." He said.

We continued our conversation, and it was fun talking with him. Talking with him was like a way to escape the horrible reality I had at the moment. We started wandering around the streets, just talking, as if we had known each other for years. We ended up walking back to my house, which I ironically didn't know I was leading the way to.

"I did not just lead you to my house..." I mentally slapped myself.

"Well, you just did, and just saying it now, you have a really nice house." He laughed.

"Thanks. Would you like to come in, since you're already here?" I asked.

"I mean, sure. I don't have anything to do, so I guess it's fine." Jamie said.

"Alright." I unlocked the door.

We walked inside and Jamie was looking around as I locked the door.

"Yea, you have a nice place." He said in awe.

"Again, thanks. Glad you like it, cause it will never be like this again." I mumbled the last part to myself, thinking he didn't hear it.

"If I may ask, what do you mean?" He asked, looking at me.

Clearly, he heard what I said.

"Uhhhhh...I shouldn't have said that."I said.

"Is there something wrong? Y'know, were gonna be cast mates, so just letting you know, as long as I'm here, you can tell me anything." Jamie said calmly.

"Well, long story short, I have siblings. 2 sisters, if you wanna be exact. And well..."I started but then trailed off.

"What happened?" He looked at me reassuringly.

"My older sister, was in a car crash. She unfortunately died just a few hours later, and she left her kids. I have to take them in, since I'm the second oldest." I whispered, clearly not wanting to say anything else.

"Oh, I'm sorry for your loss..." He said.

"Well, if you ever need any help, just call me. I'll be there." He said.

(Words: 1052)

(I updateddddd. Idk, i have no motivation whatsoever, so bear with me here. Thanks for reading, and have a good day/night.

Best of wishes,

Broadway-Simp)