~:Chapter 1:~

"September 1st, 1989, Dear Diary, I believe I'm a good person. You know, I think there's good in everyone, but here we are!! First day of senior year! And uh...I look around at these kids I've known all my life and ask myself, what happened?" I sang.

I was practicing at home in my room at the moment. I had just recently auditioned for Heathers the Musical, but on Broadway. I plan to take this seriously, and not just as something to do with all my extra time. I just got the role of Veronica, Veronica Sawyer.

I was really excited but also nervous when they told us the day that I could all meet the cast, but they had to postpone it because of one of the actors. The actor for J.D, Jason Dean, was a former J.D. Apparently, They had a flight to New York, but it was cancelled due to weather.

It was sad, but it happens. Anyways, now the meet up is next week. They wanted the actor for J.D. to get a little used to New York before meeting the cast, since they came from somewhere else.  I'm really excited, but of course, also nervous to meet this J.D, and work with him and the rest of the cast. I went back to read the other lines on the script before singing my line.

"We were so tiny, happy and shiny, playing tag and getting chased." 

I read the other lines before continuing.

"Singing and clapping, laughing and napping, baking cookies, eating paste."

I continued with this for the next few minutes till I finished the song. Okay, I thought, I think I'll take a break now. I've been reading, saying, and singing my lines for a bit now. I decided that I would cook or bake something, or do both. I love cooking and baking, it's what I do to show appreciation to others, such as my friends and family, or I just do it when I'm bored. 

I decided I would keep myself in the mood by playing the Heathers Off-Broadway and West End soundtrack. I put it on, and ultimately chose to bake. I wanted to bring a little something to give to the cast, and I want to bring cookies. Of course , these are for me to practice on and eat myself. I'm making sugar cookies, so I want to decorate them according to the color palette of Heathers. But I want theirs to be fresh, and I'm still going to make myself one too.

I got to work on the icing and cookie. The cookie was easy, I just needed the correct cookie cutter that gave off the vibe of, the "mythic bitch", as Veronica calls Heather Chandler. I ended up finding the best cookie cutter, and used it to cut out my cookies. For the icing, that was even easier, I just need to make the icing and color if to the correct shade of red, or blue.

The Heathers Soundtrack continued playing till a ping was heard from my phone which lowered the volume of the music for a second. I was about to decorate the cookies, but I suppose that checking this wouldn't hurt. I got an email from the director of Heathers. They ended up moving the date to the meet earlier than what they said, so they just wanted to inform us about that.

Turns out that Mr.J.D just arrived here in New York. I was both happy and nervous. They had changed the date to  4 days from now. And here's the thing with me, I can be very introverted and shy when it comes to being in a room full of people. I know, that I will have to do that 8 times a week soon, but most likely, I won't see the same people in the audience, but I will see the cast. I don't want to have a bad impression on any of them.

"Oh well.."I mumbled to myself. 

"I'll deal with that issue when the day comes..."

I continued with my cookies, but couldn't stop thinking. 'What happens if they don't like me? Or if they don't expect me to look the way I do? What happens if they expect something better than me?' I thought, becoming insecure.

I tried to get my mind off of it, and finished the cookies. At that time, Seventeen, from the West End Soundtrack started playing. I turned the music off and went to my room , leaving the cookies in the kitchen. When I got to my room, I immediately saw my Heathers Script.

I picked It up, and put it on my desk, where I could only see it if I stood up and looked that way, or went over to the desk. I laid down and tried to calm my mind, but once I'm insecure, I stay that way. It's sad and annoying, really.

I got out of bed and drew a warm bath, hoping to just lose myself in my thoughts, and to think my situation through. I added some bubbles to the bath, since they tend to always end up calming me down, just a bit. Well, enough for me to get my head and thoughts straight.

I got in and sat in the warm water. It always feels nice to me when I'm alone. Others may not like that, they might be extroverted more than me. And, yeah, others have their significant other, I don't have that either.  

My mom and my friends are always trying to convince me to get a lover, but i don't know, I'm just not interested in anyone. And, I don't think anyone has shown Interest in me. That is, unless I'm more bad than I thought at reading signs and hints someone would give.

I sat in the bath thinking of all the times they tried to convince me, I would never budge. I sat there for 30 minutes before my fingers and toes started to become wrinkly.  I got out and put my hair in a towel. I went into my room and grabbed my Pajamas. 

After I finished changing, I took my hair out of the towel and brushed it out. It was getting really late, and I didn't want to get sick at all prior to the meet up, so before I laid down in bed again, I quickly blow dried it.

I finished blow drying my hair and grabbed a book and sat in my bed reading. I always like to read a little before bed. It's like reading yourself a bed time story. I sat reading for 10 minutes before I told myself to go to bed. I turned off the lights, and dozed off.

(Words: 1112)

(A/N: Hey! I'm trying to loosen up, and write long chapters now! I really hope yall enjoyed this first chapter! I love Heathers, original and West End, so its always fun to write about it. Also, I know that Heathers has a very unlikely chance to ever get on broadway, so, i wrote this, not just for Jamie Muscato lovers/ simps, like me, but also because many of us want to see it on broadway. Again I hope yall enjoyed this chapter!

Best of wishes,

Broadway-Simp)