Chapter 12

Kagami's POV

I woke up the next morning and it seemed that I was the first to wake. I checked the clock and saw that it was almost 7. I got up and caught Marinette coming out of the bathroom. "Morning." She greeted me quietly. "Good morning. Should we wake them up?" She shook her head. "It's fine. Let them rest."

I giggled going into my bathroom to freshen up. When I got out a few minutes later, Jonathan and Damian were now awake. "Where's Mari?" Damian shrugged and got into the powder room first. "If she is awake, we haven't seen her. But I can hear water running. So maybe she's showering..?" I nodded and went to the kitchen to fill the kettle for some hot water.

Damian came out and after about 10 minutes and Marinette coming outside after her bath, the whole group was awake. Mari, Luka and I prepared breakfast while the supers cleared the living room. "Breakfast is ready. Feel free to use the dining table."

They made their way over and sat down around the table. "Wow, this all smells good." Bart sighed, pleased with the meal. "Hey where's Jerry?" Cassandra asked and I chuckled, "He likes to sleep in on Saturdays so he won't be up until..10-ish." We all dug in prepared coffee, tea and juice for everyone.

"What kind of tea is this?" Eduardo asked. Mari answered, "It's my own blend. It helps with pains and body sores and with your digestive tract." He tried it and he remarked on its refined taste. Damian also seemed to like it as well.

We cleared the table in time for Jerry to leave his room and help Mari in the kitchen. She removed a plate from the microwave with his breakfast and he sat at the table with a cup of coffee. "Okay bath time. The guest bathroom is being renovated so you'll have to use either mine, Kagami or Luka's."

"I saw we boys use Luka's so we don't encroach on the girls' space." Virgil suggested. "Nah it's fine. Just don't break anything." I reassured them. First Cassandra went into Mari's while Damian used mine, Eduardo taking Luka's. Then Virgil took Luka's, Bart took mine and Jonathan used Mari's. During that time, Luka and I helped Jerry prepare for our departure.

~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~

Third Person's POV

Jonathan was done with his bath and came out to see Marinette on her bed scrolling on her phone with the kwamis sitting around her. He then noticed the picture on her bed side table. "Are those your other friends?" he asked bending over to watch the photograph. She nodded with a hum. "Aww, you looked so cute. How long ago was this?"

"About 2 or 3 years ago, before I moved here. Kagami, Luka and I all lived in Paris before moving to Los Angeles to work on our career." she replied getting off her phone picking up the picture. "These were the good old times.." She mumbled. Jonathan placed his hand on her head, "Well, I'm hoping you can make new ones with us on the team."

Marinette smiled with a little blush. "Come on, we gotta get you supers back to the penthouse." She led him out the room, the kwamis following, and saw everyone already packed to go. "Is this everything?" she asked. Luka nodded, "Yup. You gonna teleport or do you want the limo?" Marinette chuckled, "I'll just- Ugh!"

Tikki: Marinette!

Marinette grabbed her head, her world spinning, her mind in a daze. Jonathan and Jerry immediately came to her side. Little whispers echoed in her mind but one stood out among the rest.

"Klarion

"Klarion...G-Get out my head.." she muttered.

Tikki: Plagg hurry, let's cut him out.

Plagg and Tikki flew on either side of her head and rested their hands on her temples. Tikki's spot glowed while Plaggs eyes did. After a few seconds they swiped their hand downwards diagonally creating an 'X' and soon the voice faded. Marinette was panting harshly on the ground, holding her chest.

"T-That...that time was different.. Like..he was trying to- grab me somehow.." Plagg frowned, "He was trying to take control of your body. That's why Tikki and I stepped in." Jonathan sighed, "How are you feeling now?" Marinette breathed out, "I'm fine just..shaken up a bit. I thought I made this power mine. I thought I-I cut him out for good."

"Well it looks like you didn't. It's safer to let us go back to the penthouse in the limo than you using your powers right now. Stay here and rest with your friends." Cassandra said. Marinette sighed in defeat and nodded. Jerry picked her up and took her back into her room while Kagami and Luka showed the supers out.

"Thank you guys for coming. It meant a lot to Nettie." Bart scoffed, "It was no trouble. Tell her to make that delicious pizza again when she's all better." Virgil pushed Bart into the limo while the driver placed the luggage into the trunk. "Thanks for having us. We enjoyed our time." Jonathan said, getting in after Damian.

They drove off while Kagami and Luka waved to them, Marinette looking on from her window. "*sighs* Jerry, I'm feeling for some Korean takeout today for lunch. Get some for us? *baby doll eyes*" The bodyguard sighed, "The usual?" he enquired. The girl nodded. He left her room only for her to sit up, cross her legs and rest her hands on her thighs.

Tikki: Marinette, what are you doing?

Marinette: I'm...going to try and contact Klarion.

Pollen: But, my Queen..why!?

Wazz: You shouldn't do that, master.

Trixx: Trust in the master of illusions. You shouldn't play with that guy. He's no good. What if he traps you?

Orikko: Or worse!

Marinette: Trust me, kwamis. I'll be fine. But, I'm trusting in you all to bring me back, okay?

Sass: As you wish, Marinette. But do think it over. You won't have any second chances.

Marinette: What if I use your powers? Would that work?

Plagg: You're not skilled enough for that kid. Not yet. You only pulled me off once and that was in some serious conditions. Plus..you fainted afterwards-

Marinette: That doesn't matter. Sass.

Sass: If you insist. The words are 'Sass, Scales Slither'.

Marinette: Sass, Scales Slither.

~EssyMLBDC~