Chapter 1

Marinette's POV

My eyes struggled to open and when it did, I was in an unfamiliar place. From what I could see through my blurred vision was that I was in a medical bay of some sorts. I sat slowly up, groaning in pain and a little alarm went off. The twin-glass doors opened and Nightwing, Red Robin and a butler walked in.

I quickly scanned the room and saw other teens and children my age or even younger lying down in the other beds unconscious. "Excuse me miss, please lay back down." The butler asked me. Nightwing held my arm as he helped me back down to the bed. "Her temp dropped so that's a relief." Red Robin said.

I looked at Nightwing and he raised a brow looking back at me. "Where am I?" I asked him. He replied, "You're at the Outsiders Base of Operations. Um, excuse me if I'm wrong but on closer observation..are you by chance..?" But before he could finish, there was a crowd of heroes gathered outside the doors.

Red Robin sighed and finished Nightwing's question, "Are you Nettie?" I heavily sighed but coughed as a result. "Can I borrow a phone please?" The butler gave a phone from his pocket and I dialled a number and within 2 seconds someone picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Jerry."

"Nettie, oh my. Where are you!? I was worried sick!"

"Sorry Jer, but I was kidnapped by the villains and was meta-human trafficked. I'm at the Outsider's headquarters."

"Be there in 5."

And with that he hung up. That overprotective idiot of a bodyguard. I returned the phone to the butler and nodded at the two boys. "Yes, I'm Nettie. Want an autograph?" Just then, a paper hung in front of my face with a pen in hand. I looked behind the paper and saw Kid Flash. "I would love one!"

The corner of my lips curved a bit and I took the paper and gave him my signature. "I can't believe it!" And he was out of sight in the blink of an eye. Just then Nightwing also handed me a paper and pen. Red Robin looked at him. "Uhh, since when do you like Nettie?" he asked and Nightwing looked at me in distress.

I laughed, and took the paper from him. "It's not for me, Red, it's for Hood." He 'Oh'ed in response as I handed him back the paper. I said, "I took no offence to that. Don't worry about it. How long was I out?" Nightwing looked at me, "About 2 weeks." I then looked at the other teens, "We were all out for 2 weeks?"

The butler shook his head, "No miss, only you were out for that long. These new teens were just rescued yesterday." I mentally cursed. I sat back up again and slid my feet off the bed. "Please Nettie, you're not supposed to be moving around so much." Red Robin tried to warn me but I got up anyway.

I walked towards the door as it opened and I was in awe at the place. State of the art technology, the young heroes I admired, including a few of the heroes from the Justice League. I felt a hand on my shoulder and I looked to see Superboy. "Are you okay, don't push yourself, miss Nettie."

I giggled at the name. "Just Nettie is fine, Boy of Steel. Thanks for saving me." He looked a bit surprised. "You..remembered..?" I nodded. I looked up and saw Robin watching me from the second floor. "Thank you too, Boy Wonder." He watched me for a few seconds then retreated down the corridor.

"Don't mind him, he just keeps to himself." Superboy reassured me. I nodded as the other supers watched me from the lobby. The elevator dinged as someone had reached the floor and when it opened I was utterly surprised. It was Jerry and like 10 other bodyguards. I sighed as he rushed over to pick me up.

"Jer, put me down, and the rest of you settle down, I'm fine." Jerry narrowed his eyes at me when Zatanna and Batman stopped him. Batman spoke first, "Excuse me, but whoever you are, put the young lady down. She still needs to rest." Jerry shook his head, "Well she could rest back home. I'll be taking her."

I pinched Jerry's ear as he would put me down. "Behave yourself and don't speak like that to Batman. You're so disrespectful." I released him and Zatanna walked forward, "Please allow her to remain here for a few more days. That's all I'm asking." I elbowed Jerry in the ribs and he nodded.

"You could just stay with me Jer. And the rest of you, go back to the Mansion please." I mentally face-palmed with a heavy exhale. I made my way over to the couch and sat down, Jerry sitting next to me to my right. Kid Flash then sped over and sat down next to me on my other side.

"So how did a celebrity like you end up at a meta-teen lab like that?" he asked. I shrugged, "I don't remember anything really before you guys came to save me." Behind me, Wonder Girl leaned against the back of the couch. "Can you at least try to remember anything about your kidnapping or maybe who you saw at the lab?"

Marinette: Sorry, but everything is just foggy. It was just for a split second I opened my eyes and everything was red..and cold and empty.

El Dorado: I mean, she was in that tube filled with the liquid.

Superboy: I'll go ask Robin if Oracle finished analysing the sample since Batman already left.

Wonder Girl: Thank you Nettie for trying. You should return to your room though, and rest.

I was about to get up when the room started to sway. I fell back down to my seat and held my head in my hand. "M-May I have some water please..? I don't feel.." My vision blurred and I felt Jerry's hand on my shoulder and on my forehead. "Her temperature is dropping." I vaguely heard him say.

He then picked me up and rushed me back to the medical bay and rested me back down on the bed. Everyone was talking in the background as I blacked out.

~EssyMLBDC~