Chapter 5

Marinette's POV

The meeting had begun. Four of my managers who are my closest friends sat around the table while I sat at the head. They aren't really my managers but without them I'd be a lost case so I like to call them that.

Alya - She's responsible for all my social media platforms and helps with photoshoots and cover-ups and interviews so my fans could get to know me better.

Nino - He's responsible for all the camera rolling and music videos I do and post on the internet. He helps Alya with the photoshoots as well. Both of them are dating each other.

Luka - He helps me write my music and is the guitarist in some of our group videos. He's also the son of world renowned singer and pop star Jagged Stone who happens to be my...God Uncle of sorts.

And finally Kagama - She's the drummer that completes the group in some of the music videos I have. Alya suggested we should just be a band but we all disagreed because of our really dynamic lifestyles.

Alya: So girl, what's up? Have any new ideas?

Marinette: I thought that was your job, Als.

Nino: It is. I'm thinking big! And Alya told me that this was a dumb idea but I disagree. I was thinking-

Alya: Don't even-

Nino: A photoshoot with..the Jason Todd himself. One of the four Ice Princes of Gotham.

Kagami: That's certainly...an idea. But what does that have to do with her music?

Alya: He's saying it for publicity. For more fame. I told him, Nettie is all about music, not photoshoots with the 'bad boys'.

Luka: Really and truly the most level-headed one of us here is Jerry. I think he should make the call. But afterwards, I do have a few ideas for a new song, Net.

Marinette: Thanks, Luka.

Jerry: I'm just the bodyguard.

While they chatted, I started to feel..tingly. I felt lighter. I looked down at the nails that secured the chair to the floor and I was relieved my body was beginning to float. Shoot. I tugged at Jerry's sleeve and he rested his hand on my shoulder. "Everything okay, Nettie?" I nodded, "Yeah everything's fine. You know how he's protective of me."

"You should give him a raise-" "He is not that special, Kagami." I immediately retorted to her comment. Thankfully it was working and I remained on the chair thanks to Jerry but then I felt the ground shake. "Net, is everything okay? You're shaking..literally." Nino asked.

Before I could answer, the chair removed itself from the ground and began to float with me in it. Sh*t.. The inhibitor collar is supposed to work, why isn't it? Jerry just facepalmed while I hung out with my chair on the ceiling. Everyone looked at me shocked and I sighed.

"...Surprise.." I waved my hands in the air unenthusiastically. "You have f*cking powers!? Since when!?" Alya yelled in question. I exhaled when Nino got up. "Dudette, you can fly? That's awesome." I groaned as I pushed myself off the roof and Jerry was quick to grab ahold of my hand in the air.

"This..was the result of my disappearance." Kagami frowned, "You were meta-trafficked. They kidnapped you." I nodded as I pulled down my turtle neck collar and turned off the inhibitor, removing it from my neck. "Turns out not even this works on me. I stopped by the Youth Centre today before the meeting."

Luka walked around the table and took the inhibitor collar from my hand. "Well, I'm guessing we don't want this going out to the public, huh." I chuckled awkwardly. "Umm, a few people already know." Alya raised a brow, "Like who?" Jerry sighed, "The Outsiders, The Waynes. I'm not sure if the kids at the Youth Centre knew or thought she was there for charity."

"Wait, wait, wait. Did you say the Waynes know? This is perfect. We can swear them to secrecy in exchange for the photoshoot." Nino chuckled. I scoffed. "I'm trusting you guys with this. The Waynes are the vigilantes of Gotham. So technically they're part of the Outsiders Superhero Society thing."

Nino jumped around and took out his phone dialling a number. "Who the hell are you calling?" Kagami questioned. "Jason Todd. On the Celeb-Gram. I'm booking that photoshoot since they already know. It's a win-win since they both have secret IDs to keep from the world. Oh sh*t he answered-"

Nino went outside as he started to talk with him. Soon the levitating wore off and I returned to the ground. "Is this the only power you have?" Alya asked.

Marinette: Yeah..but I'm not sure if it's going to be for long. Jo- I mean Superboy told me that some powers can evolve due to the gene the villains altered. And Zatanna said that my aura..has some resemblance to the witch boy Klarion. I remembered some things that happened to me while I was kidnapped. Klarion was in every one of them..and some tall guy, buff looking. There are still some gaps but the Outsiders said they'll fill them in.
By the way, I saw Beast Boy.

Luka: Really now. Is he still part of the group? I heard he had quit, or gone into hiding.

Marinette: He's...going through a lot right now. I don't think you'll be seeing him soon. We could still go out for lunch-

Alya: Not after your floaty-floating stunt just now. I'll order delivery. Chinese okay, the usual?

Kagami: Sounds good.

Marinette: Thanks you guys. I appreciate this.

Luka: Of course Nettie.

Nino: Guess who got us a date with two of the Ice Princes!?!

Alya: Who, Clara Nightingale?

Nino: *glares* No, I did. Sunday, 11 am.

Kagami: Okay..but which two Waynes?

Nino: Jason and...Damian.

Marinette: Ugh...kill me now...

Alya: I'll go make the order for that Chinese food...

~EssyMLBDC~