Chapter Twenty-Nine

MIKAELSON COMPOUND

The next day, in the courtyard, Christy is sitting on the fountain, in a cross-legged sitting position, taking a bite out of her mango peach.

{Christy's Outfit}

Ana slowly walks inside the courtyard. She and Christy exchange looks at each other and small smiles.

"Hey, Bride-to-be." Christy greeted her best friend with a smile.

"Hey, BooBabe." Ana greeted Christy back with a small smile and sits down next to her on the fountain.

"You have cold feet?" Christy asked.

"I don't. I'm just happy to be marrying Elijah this afternoon." Ana replied.

"Me too." Christy agreed, gently taking a bite out of her mango peach. "Do you have a wedding dress?"

"Rebekah is gonna be helping me with that here at the Mikaelson Compound." Ana said.

"Yeah, Rebekah. She loves parties and special occasions." Christy said.

"Will you be leaving after the wedding?"  Ana asked.

"Not yet." Christy replied. "With The Strix gone, Aya managed to escape and Genevieve is still out and about on borrowed hours."

Christy and Ana exchange looks at each other.

"Do you want to go for a ride with me?" Christy asked.

"Sure." Ana replied.

⚜️⚜️

ON THE ROAD

Ana and Christy are driving in Christy's classic '74 orange Honda Civic hatchback car. Christy is driving and Ana is in the passenger seat.

"This is a really nice car." Ana complimented Christy with a small smile. "Do you ever upgrade it?"

"I work on it sometimes with a toolkit at the small hangar." Christy told her. "I once, lost my car in the sandstorm. And Klaus got it back for me the next day."

"That was nice of him to do." Ana said..

"Yeah, it was." Christy said. "I know Klaus isn't sentimental or nice, but when it comes to his family or me, he'll do anything."

"He has a soft spot for you." Ana said.

"I know." Christy said. "Klaus knows not to underestimate me. He lost me more than once and twice, and he comes close to almost losing me. Losing a parent is awful."