part 14- retaliation & realization 💢

griffin pov:

"me too" finney mutters out, looking as if he is in pure discomfort. "what?" is all i managed to say. "m-my dad is the same wa-" "yes finney i heard that part.. but why didn't you tell me? you can trust me, and i can trust you." i explain. "like you said, hiding feelings.." he says, hinting a smile.

"i don't really talk about this a lot, but you guys mean so much to me, the past years have been extremely difficult for me and my sister and you guys distract me from everything. thank you" he spills out, now in tears.

"hey it's okay! i will be here for you always" i reply to him smiling. he leans in for a hug and asks me that
we both not say anything about this to anybody. i agree
and we both just start to burst out laughing, for no reason at all.

a few hours go by and we continue to laugh, eat snacks and drinks, and watch a couple movies. as we are sitting down, just chilling in silence, enjoying the breeze of the spring time, i decide to start talking. "i'm glad we're friends." i say. i couldn't see finney, because i was laying on my bed looking up and he was leaned against both my wall and my floor.

finney pov:

"im glad we're friends." griffin says. "me too." i smile back. "i have one question though" he says, still looking up at his ceiling. "yea-?" *RIIIIIINGGGGGG* the phone cuts me off. "should we get it?" i ask. "yeah come on" griffin says running downstairs. "oh uh, it's for you finney" he says, handing me the phone on his wall.

if the phone was for me, then it could only be one person, dad. how the hell did he get griffins house number? i pick up the phone hoping he isn't mad. "hello?" i ask. "f-finney blake. get h-home NOW" my
dad shouts, slurring his words like usual. he's drunk.

i don't bother to say anything else so i just agree and hang up the phone. "who was that?" griffin asks. "my dad, and let's just say i shouldn't be here right now. bye griffin see you later" i say, quickly hugging him and putting my belongings back into my bag. "bye finney!"

i walk down the steps of griffins porch, counting every step on the way home to try and distract myself from what may happen. i must've been too deep in thought to realize a car was coming straight at me. i step on the road not bothering to look, and on my 267th step i feel someone grab the back of my shirt, throwing me back onto the sidewalk, basically saving my life.

"what the f-" i say, getting cut off by the sight of the one and only, robin. "robin!" i shout as i smirk, turning
a shade of pink. "hey finn, how'd you not hear me
calling your name? also, you should be more careful
next time.." he says. "yeah sorry it's just that my dads
in a bad mood and i'm not sure what he's gonna say
to me" i mutter.

"oh, well.. i was gonna ask if you wanted to come to this party tonight? it's nothing big i don't think, but i don't have anyone to bring, and everyone else is boring, i thought to ask you." robin gives a hope filled look. me? finney? invited to a house party? what did he think this was? "oh uhm, i've never been invited to one before..
but sure?" i say, nervously.

"great!! i'll meet you at the park by your house at 10:30. don't be late!" robin says, smiling and walking away.
shit. i can't just bail out on him, but i also can't just sneak out!! i push my emotions to the side yet again
and walk in the front door, trying not to make a sound.

"you just never learn do you." i freeze in my steps, hearing my father at the end of the hallway. shit. i turn to him, silently exhaling and trying to look normal.
"w-what?" i say, with a straight face. "YOU JUST NEVER LEARN DO YOU?" my dad screams in my face, revealing his belt as he walks toward me.

"DO YOU JUST THINK YOU CAN GO EXPLORE
AND LEAVE MY HOUSE FOR CONTINUOUS DAYS? YOURE NOT AN ADULT FINNEY, STOP PRETENDING TO BE ONE!" my dad screams in my face in between every hit with that fucking belt. i just wish he wasn't like this. he said on the phone he was fine with it, but i knew it would end up like this.

i finally dodge the last belt swing, looking all cut, red, and bruised. i jolt up and look around very quickly to realized he's cornered me. my father gives me a chilling look and goes to hit me again, which i then dodged. "YOURE FUCKING BIPOLAR AND BETTER YET YOURE FUCKING CRAZY! I WISH IT WAS YOU
THAT DIED AND NOT MOM!" i scream, to which he returns a look of pure terror and freezes in place.

i scream and cry, and using all my energy, i sprint and body check him. locking myself in my room, which is the only lock-available bedroom in the house. i slam the door behind me and fall back onto it, sobbing hysterically, wishing this could all go away. as the house gains silence, i can hear gwen silently cry in her room.

i hated hearing her cry, but i needed to stand up for myself one day. as i'm laying in my bed in silence, i hear my dads car start in the driveway, which must mean he is taking his usual hour long drive to places he never mentions to us. i don't mind though, as long as hes gone.

- time skip an hour and a half ahead -

i jolt awake to the sound of my father walking around. i look beside me to the clock, which reads 9:45. shit! i need to meet robin at the park at 10:30! i quickly run to the bathroom without him seeing me and get ready. i run back to my room and throw on a nice outfit, still not knowing what to wear since this is my first party..

(knock knock knock) "finney, goodnight" i hear my father say in a slurry voice. "night." i scoff back. he then sighs and walks back to his room. phew, if he caught me right now i might honestly end up dead. anyway, i unlock my window, tossing it open, closing it, and hopping out. this was way to risky for my liking but atleast i got it be with robin, right?

i hop out and turn around to see robin, already here. "robin why are you here? my dad could have seen you!! plus, we were supposed to meet at the park!" i say, whisper yelling. "i know i know, but i just wanted to see you i guess.. now, let's go!" he says, smiling and dragging me by the hand.

we arrive to the house, where i instantly get overstimulated and want to go home. "robin i really wanna go back, this doesn't seem fun." i say, with a nervous face. "it's okay finn! trust me" robin says back.
i could barely hear him. "what? what did you say?"
i shout at him.

"trust me."

——————————————————————————

GUYSSS sorry i haven't updated this in a bit i was so busy w school work! anyway i hope you guys enjoy! i have the ending planned out in my notes app and you guys will get a lil mad at me BUT ITS GOOD TRUST THE PROCESS! sorry for any spelling errors:) ty

1304 words!:)