part 1- home life 👨‍👧‍👦

finneys pov:

"January 25th, 1978. dear diary. i don't even know why im writing in this damn book, but it was the last thing my mother gave me before she.."

"why does this have to be so complicated? my father and gwenny got over it so easily. why do i have to feel like a burden to everyone for just grieving her death?" i groan, smacking my head onto my desk.

it's been three years. i need to get over it. "FINNEY, GWENNY, COME EAT YOUR DINNER" my dad screams sluggishly. he's always said he'd get better. but he's also known for how he's all bark no bite. "COMING DAD" "COMING DADDY!" we both yell simultaneously.

while eating our dinner, i notice my dad looks like he's trying to hide something. "kids, i know you like this town, but, i've found a new house around 45 ish minutes away for us to start fresh in, yknow?" "i am expecting to move us outta here by next week." my dad said looking hopeful. my heart dropped, and by the looks of it, so did gwen's.

"what do you mean? all my friends are here, i grew up here!? and you just want to.. leave??" gwen said trying to hold back tears. i fucking hated this town. i did agree with my dad, but i know that things will have to change.

"gwen honey, i know that your friends are here but we need to start a new chapter. we need to leave everything that happened here in the past, and plus i have found a better paying job in the new city!" as gwen storms off to her room, i look at my dad, who looks furious.

"ALL I FUCKING WANTED WAS FOR US TO GET AWAY FROM THIS TOWN AND FOR ALL OF US TO TRY AND HEAL FROM YOUR MOTHER, BUT SINCE BOTH OF YOU ARE UNGRATEFUL LITTLE BRATS I GUESS ILL HAVE TO MAKE THIS HARD FOR YOU" my dad screams at nothing, knowing gwen can hear him loud and clear.

i put away the dishes, and pass by gwen's room when i hear her crying. (knock knock knock) "gwen.. i know this is hard for you, it's hard for all of us! but trust me, you will make new friends and maybe even better ones!" i say trying to get her hopes up. "how finney, how do you know that?" she says sniffling. "because i'm your brother stupid, you're very likeable and will make friends in no time!!" i say, again, trying to get her hopes up.

i walk into my room where im greeted with piles of english homework. i hated english. i hated how the way words flow in specific ways, i hated how they were so meaningful, yet deceiving. plus, i was shit at the subject anyway.

after completing my homework, i put on some space pyjamas, brushed my teeth, and plotted myself into my bed, praying that this new town will bring me some sort of happiness.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BE-

i jerked up by the sound of my stupid alarm clock, i hated Mondays. i rolled out of bed, tamed my hair, got dressed, and flew out the door with gwen hoping we aren't late. "bye gwen, have a good day and good luck on your history test!" i say, putting on a fake smile.

i knew the people here, and i knew their intentions. i walk into the nearest bathroom and text the only friend i had, alex. alex was a really quiet kid who i met last year in science, this year he is thankfully in my math because nobody else decent is.

finney: Hey! do you have the math answers? i was up all night doing my stupid english homework

alex: Hi! ofc one second. *attachment 2 images* this should be all, sorry if a question or two is wrong lmao

finney: lmao no problem thanks!!

i can't wait to get out of this town, get away from all of these people, and leave all the memories behind. i can't deal with this city anymore, not after what happened.

—————————————————————————————

PART 1 DONE!!!
thank you for reading!

698 words