part 10- i'll get out now.. 🧖

finney pov:

"i have never fished before.. so this will be fun!" i say to robin. "glad i could take you, nobody likes going." robin says. he looks passionate about fishing, so why wouldn't i want to go with him? plus, it's robin.

as we get on the boat, i ask robin how to work a fishing rod. he comes to the my side and tells me how. "so, you un-click the string part and hold it with your finger, you toss it forward and let go, throwing the bobber in the water, then, you wait" he says, pressing up behind me.

"okay, like this?" i say, casting the fishing rod into the water. "yes! good job finn! now we just wait." he says with a smile.

- 10 minutes later -

i feel somthing tugging on my rod, and i see the bobber go under. "ROBIN, SOMETHING IS HAPPENING, I HAVE A FISH" i scream, paranoid. "OKAY KEEP TUGGING DONT LOOSE IT" robin screams back, his eyes now on me. i tug a lot, and lift the massive fish with the string. "holy shit finn good job! robin laughs

robin. robin arellano is impressed with me? never thought that would happen.. i lift the green and beige fish out of the water as robin puts his thumb in its mouth, holding it up.

i snap a picture and then i hold it, him doing the same. i toss it back in and robin starts yelling. "WOOHOOO FIRST ONE FINN GOOD JOB" he runs over to my side of the boat, hugging me and laughing. as we are both celebrating, we lean to the top right of the boat.

we both fall into the water, tipping the boat, and all of our stuff with us. "AHHHHHH" "SHIT" we both scream, now drenched. "fish got karma i guess.." i say, hinting a smile at the end. "sure did.." robin rolls his eyes.

we flip the boat back over, gather all of our stuff, and decide to call it a day. we walk home in silence, looking at the sunset ahead of us. "sucks we have to cut our trip short, it was actually fun, try again sometime later?" robin says, breaking the silence looking over at me.

"of course. i've never caught a fish before it was so cool!" i ramble, reminding myself to not over share. "or maybe next time, i can bring you to the baseball diamond and you could watch one of my games, or i could even show you my rocket ship collection! i have so many." i smile.

we finally arrive to robins house, soaked with sludgy lake water, not looking the best. we walk inside and are on our way to robins room. "do you want to just.. sleepover again? it might be a stretch for your dad, but you're honestly so fun to be around." robin says to me.

"uhm yes? i love being here it's so fun! let me call my dad." i walk out of his room and pick up the black phone. why do i care so much it's black? must've had bad luck with it in a past life.

i dial my houses number (beep boop boop bep) *RIIINNNNGG* "hey uh dad?" i say nervously. "what finney." he says back. "i know this may be a stretch,
but can i please stay another night" i cringe. "fine finney.
i'm glad you're making friends but you also need to be
home too. 

"okay thank you!!" i put down the phone and run to robins room. "HE SAID YES" i shout, grinning ear to ear. "YESS" robin smiles back. god i love being with this kid, he's amazing.

"we should probably shower because.." "yeah. shower." i cut robin off. that lake was GROSS. "i'll go first, by the way there's like everything in the bathroom you need, and i'll bring a towel in for you" robin says, walking away to the bathroom.

while he was in the shower, i just looked around at his room, scanning to see what he was into and stuff. "finney i'm out now you can get ready!!" robin shouts. i walk into the bathroom and get blasted by hot air and robin infront of me, in a towel only.

i cant believe i went from a loner, to being in the robin arellano's bathroom with him half naked.. as i stand there for a good 5 seconds,  robin speaks. "oh yeah sorry you can't just get changed here i'll leave" he says laughing. "yeah haha"' i say back.

after my shower, i walk into robins room with just my towel on, since he hasn't brought up anything to do with a change of clothes. "uh hey" i say, crossing my arms. i've never really worked out nor have been a fan of the way my body looks, even though i feel like robin won't care, i still cross my arms just in case.

"god finn where's your clothes?" robin says laughing. "drenched in lake water?" i say back with a straight face.
"oh.. yeah.. well here take this! it should fit you but if it doesn't just tell me." robin hands me a pile of clothes consisting of a shirt, pajama pants, socks, and boxers.

"thanks robin" i say, walking to change into clean clothes. even though my dad had made a lot of shitty decisions, moving to this city was one of the best. i can't imagine robin out of my life, or any of the guys that slept over the other night. i just feel.. safe.

i change, go back to robins room, and we lay down on his bed, in almost darkness and silence. "i'm happy you moved here" robin says after a good 2 minutes. "what?" i say back, not bothering to turn to him. "i'm happy you moved here, i couldn't imagine what id be doing right now if you haven't." he says, i can feel his eyes staring right at me, and it's taking a lot to not stare back.

we have a deep conversation about my life before moving here and i give him a lot of details about my mom, my last school, and the people there. until we realize it's really late and we need to get to bed. "goodnight robin." i say, turning to the wall. "goodnight finn." robin says, our backs both touching.

i turn to face the other way, and the usual happens. he pulls me close and we just lay there, without saying a word. i wake up and see the clock: 3:40 am. i hear robins phone ringing like crazy. i shake him awake, and we both go to the kitchen to see what it is.

"get here now! i mean NOW!" i can hear someone shouting. it's sounds like griffin? "robin what are they saying?" i lean closer. robin says his "mhm's" and turns to me saying:

"bruce is in the hospital."

————————————————————————————

OMFG GUYS IM SO SCARED FOE NEXT CHAPTER. sorry this took so long i had no idea where it was going..

1181 words!!