Book Four: Chapter 4

Bắt đầu từ đầu

Zena and Torag joined the fray, striking with lethal precision as they fought to carve a path through their adversaries. But for every guard that fell, two more seemed to take their place, their ranks swelling with each passing second.

A piercing wail cut through the chaos, the shrill cry of an alarm reverberating through the compound. Huntar's heart sank as he realized the grim truth—the humans surrounded them, their escape routes dwindling with each passing moment.

"This way!" he roared, spotting a breach in the perimeter fence up ahead.

With a last burst of speed, they barreled towards the opening, their muscles straining with the effort. Huntar vaulted over the barrier, his feet hitting the ground with a bone-jarring impact as he rolled to absorb the momentum.

They found themselves in a narrow alleyway, the sounds of pursuit fading into the distance as they caught their breath. Huntar leaned against the cool brick, his chest heaving as he surveyed their new surroundings.

"I think we lost them," Zena panted, her battle staff clutched tightly in her grip.

Torag rumbled in agreement, his piercing gaze sweeping the alleyway for any sign of danger. The rhino-man's nostrils flared, his senses tuned to the faintest whisper of movement or scent.

Huntar nodded, his jaw set in a grim line. "For now."

They pressed onward, their footsteps echoing through the shadowed labyrinth of backstreets and alleys. Huntar's sharp eyes scanned their surroundings, ever vigilant for potential threats or avenues of escape.

Up ahead, the open doorway of what seemed to be an abandoned structure spilled into a faint glow. Huntar's brow furrowed as he caught the telltale scent of grease and oil, the unmistakable aroma of a repair shop.

Motioning for his companions to follow, he crept towards the entrance, his movements silent and deliberate. The interior was shrouded in shadows, cluttered with the detritus of forgotten machinery and tools.

As they slipped inside, a sudden flurry of movement caught Huntar's eye, his instincts propelling him into action. His claws flew from their sheath in a blur of motion, leveling at the shadowy figures that now confronted them.

"Huntar!?" a familiar female voice rang out, laced with equal parts amusement and apprehension.

Huntar's breath caught in his throat as the figures stepped into the faint light, their features coming into sharp relief. A human with short dark hair disarming grin greeted him, the young man's hands raised in a placating gesture.

But it was the blonde woman beside him that truly stole Huntar's breath away. Jenny. Alive and well, her bright eyes shining with a mixture of disbelief and joy as she took in the sight of her long-lost friends. She wore a yellow leather jacket and blue jeans, similar to what she wore when they first met.

For a moment, the world seemed to grind to a halt, the chaos and uncertainty of their flight fading into insignificance. Huntar stood frozen, his sword clattering to the ground as he drank in the sight of his companion, his heart swelling with a torrent of emotions he dared not name.

Jenny stepped forward, her movements tentative yet determined, as if afraid that this reunion might shatter like a fragile dream at any moment. Then, without a word, she threw her arms around Huntar, embracing him with a fierceness that belied her slender frame.

Huntar returned the embrace, his powerful arms enveloping her as he fought back the torrent of relief and joy that threatened to overwhelm him. Jenny was alive—against all odds, even though they were in a different world together.