Chapter 32

Roxanne     

I play with the pancake, lost in my thoughts.  

Is Brent still in the hospital? He must be since it has been just one day. His dad must really be angry. I am sure even if he has lost his legs and is lying on the hospital bed, his father wouldn't stop himself from giving some beatings to Brent. I hope I could be there to save him from his father. But would Brent let me? I bet he hates me now.    

I come out of my thoughts when my chin is yanked up. I blink my eyes to get a clear view.    

“When you are with me, you should be attentive to me. Got it." He barks. “I hate it when you are lost in the thoughts of someone else in front of me."  His thumb strokes the lining of lips. He creeps it up very slowly and thrust it inside my parted lips. I nodded my head as a shiver passed through me.    

He swipes his thumb under my tongue. I suck down the saliva and he groans when unconsciously I suck his thumb in the process. He removes his thumb out of my lips with a pop and licks it clean with his eyes on me. I look down.   

“A woman will arrive to teach you all the things that are needed in the woman of Rodriguez's. Learn it properly. If I see even a hint of defiance from you, know that your friend will be gone."    

I clench the spoon tightly. I nod my head stiffly. I gulped the lump as I prepared myself for the next words.     

“It was my plan to run away so please don't punish Brent." As soon as the words leave me a bang resonantes in the small dining room. My plate of pancake settles down after a small jump. My knees start trembling under the dining table. I brace myself for inevitable things.   

“Do you think I am doing this because he helped you?" He grits out. “Fucking, eyes here." He shouts and I flinch.    

Instantly I flutter my eyes up and look at him. My heart thudded loudly in my ribcage. He pulls my chair closer to his and a screeching sound fills the room. My heart drops in my stomach in fear.     

His hand lands on my cheek and he caresses them. His eyes were showcasing madness, sending shivers down my spine and goosebumps all over my body.  

“Answer me, love." His voice drops as his hands move down and land on the curve where my neck and shoulder meets. His thumb pressing lightly on the dip of my lower neck. Any more pressure on that thumb and I will choke on air. “Did you think what I did with that little shit friend of yours because he helped you in running away?"    

“Yes." I answered.    

Dread swirling in my eyes as his eyes were twisted in some twisted pleasure. His grey eyes were dilated as his lips were twisted in a smirk. He leans in and my breath hitches.    

His breath fanning my ears as he whispers, “Wrong thinking, love. If that was the case, Emily would have been underground, laying dead." Sweat forms on my forehead as I realise he knew Emily helped me that day. “Nothing hides from my eyes." His palm circles my neck. “You were all ready to get married to me, but Emily distracted you."    

My eyes widened. When did he come to know? That day, when I was getting ready, sis came to meet me. I was anxious as I was ready to sign my life away.  I had made up my mind of marrying Isaac. I also had thought of having a talk with Isaac about my dreams and freedom.   

But when sis offered me a chance to run away I couldn't stop myself from denying. It was way too tempting. She was the one who had planned everything, I just played along. But now I am happy that I didn't willingly marry him though the outcome is the same. Willingly or unwillingly, here I am married to him.