Chapter 3

Roxanne

"I don't want to marry Emily." His voice booms in the room, shocking everyone.

My eyes snap to sis instantly in shock. To only find her frozen. There was no movement except her fingers that kept trembling.

Instantly I get up and start walking towards her but freeze on my track as he adds.

"I want to marry Roxanne." 

‘What the hell?’ 

My eyes snap to him to find him already looking at me. I look back at sis and my heart quivers as I find sis looking at me with tearfilled eyes. Her eyes had accusations written on it. 

I shake my head, gesturing to her that I didn't do anything.

"I…I think I heard you wrong?" I hear dad saying with confusion.

"I want to marry Roxanne." Isaac repeats his words. 

The very instant sis gets on her feet. She looks away from me and at Isaac. She hits her trembling lips and turns and walks away. Even now she was being her sophisticated self instead of screaming and yelling at him. 

My face hardens and I say while turning towards him, "I don't want to marry you." My voice was clear with what I wanted and I don't agree with his absurd proposal.

I shouldn't have decided to come here. I was better off by myself in my room.

Our eyes connected, challenging each other. 

"You will." He says, "And if you don't agree to this, get your father ready to say goodbye to his business and your sister to her designer career and say goodbye to your college as well." 

My lips part at his sheer threatening and that also in front of his parents and mine. My blood boils in anger. He really has a shitty personality.

"Isaac, your grandfather had made an alliance between you and Emily. You can't marry her younger sister." Isaac's dad exclaims, trying to make his stupid son understand. 

Isaac's eyes don't waver from mine. I will not look away till he does. 

He says, "I don't give a damn about it. I will marry Roxanne and that's final." His voice had a finality as if my opinion and decision didn't matter.

"In your dreams." I snap while stomping my feet on the ground in annoyance. 

In an instant a smirk forms on his lips. He asserts, "In my dreams, you are already my wife, Roxanne…” A chill runs down my spine upon hearing my name through his hoarse and heavy voice, “and in my dream I am already taking you against every wall of my house." 

“Isaac.” His father shouts.

A blush of embarrassment creeps up my face at his not so decent words.

"You are disgusting." I spat. How can he say such things, let alone in front of my parents and his.

"I am…” He agrees with a smile, startling me, “ but only for you." 

Giving him my deadliest glare, I say, “Stay away from me and don't you fucking dare approach my sister.”

“Roxanne, go to your room.” Dad snaps. My eyes snap to his as he gives me a disapproving look, making me more annoyed. 

He should throw this man outside instead of showing that look. He fucking embarrassed sis and yet dad is not saying anything to him. 

I look away and walk away to sis’s room. I look back and find his eyes on me and as a response I flick my middle finger to him.