Chapter 42: This Ship is pretty Helpful

It's been a few hours since I destroyed Chroterr using the Continent Crusher. We've been resting up for the most part since the Elven Continent was practically a no-rest hellscape.

I'm currently sitting at the top of Atlas's trawler. For whatever reason Esther decided to accompany me, and now she's sleeping on me... again.

I don't mind it too much... It's better than her trying to eat-
Wait.

I still haven't fed her.

Maybe I should have Atlas get us moving...

<Cyn.>

"Huh-? Yeah?"

<What happened to everything in [Storage]?>

"Everything in... oh!"

||STORAGE||

The gray window opened up in front of me... I saw an icon for an apple and clicked it. A white glow circled the window and I pushed my hand inside.

In games, anime, and manga storage skills usually keep things in perfect condition. So that means all the food in here should be great for Esther to fill her appetite on!

I wrapped my hand around something.

That...

Didn't feel like an apple...

I pulled my hand out to find this rotten, ugly ass—what used to be an apple—sitting in my palm. It was all wrinkled and mushy... the color desaturated to a dull red-gray. My left eye twitched and I whipped the apple as hard as I could out to sea.

<Cyn...?>

...

"WHAT THE ACTUAL FUUUUCK!"

"Are you serious!? Why couldn't it work like anything I thought of... Things move at the same time frame as the real world in there?!"

Esther woke with a start.

"Huh- what? Are we being attacked? What's happening-"

She looked back toward me to see me screaming into the air. Her face went straight.

"Cyn... I'm still hungry... I was trying to hold it back by sleeping... but it looks like you really want me to eat you."

She started hungrily glaring at me.

"W-wait Esther... we can talk about this-"

She leapt forward her mouth wide open, going for a bite of my arm. I threw my hand into [Storage] and pulled out another rotten apple. I held it out quickly, her mouth connected with it. She bit down only for a second before her eyes went wide. Esther pulled back and stared at the rotting apple in my hand.

"Ah... a-ah..."

She raised her hand shakily to cover her mouth.

I saw tears forming at the corner of her eyes, she quickly jumped off the side.

"Laviel! Cyn made me bite something disgusting!"

She sobbed all the way down and slipped into the ship.

I let out a heavy sigh... I solved one problem temporarily and then made another.

I stood up and brushed my coat off.

After that I stood on the side of the ship for half an hour, the storage window on the other side of the safety railing aimed down into the sea. I was unloading all of the food. Rotting apples, bananas, oranges, meat, etcetera.

Goldwill's corpse started to slip out of the window, I reached down to grab it and missed. I looked back and forth quickly to make sure no one saw, then I hopped up onto the railing before dropping into the ocean.