Chapter 37: Down with the Mechanical Monster!

Standing face to face with two options of eminence.

Either fall into a seemingly endless pit, or get caught by the guards.

I was thinking what option would be good, especially considering I needed to think of Laviel as well. I couldn't just leave her here, after all I wouldn't have gotten inside of the World tree without her. On top of that she's-

Huh-?

Why am I...

Falling?

I looked down to see Laviel's hand pressed against my chest.

She pushed me.

"Wait-"

"Save her, Cyn."

"No- Laviel-"

I fell back into the abyss, the air began surrounding my ears as I sped up. Laviel turned back toward the guards and let out a heavy sigh.

"I can't just leave Esther's—!"

I fell out of her sight range, the ceiling disappearing into the dark clouds above.

"Esther's... sister..."

Shit...

||SPELL CREATION||

That queen is beneath me right...?

Then I'll just take my anger out of her instead, the chances are they'll just lock Laviel into one of those prison cells. I can get back to her after saving Esther.

I started forming cyan mana gears as I imagined a fresh new spell. The queen had anti-magic, so nothing I had magic-wise would even do a scratch to her. So I'll just do the most obvious answer when it comes to anti-magic.

I shattered the gears, they rapidly reformed around my arm as magic circles.

I looked down to see the queen pinned by Six and Risible, a slight purple glint around her... giant mechanical... arm? Body?

A slime sword formed in my left hand as I slid my right over the blade.

"Special Magic..."

The circles started lighting up as a few sigils surrounded my sword, a slight tint of cyan and purple started emitting from my blade.

"Con-Paradox."

I dropped down from the sky, my blade slamming straight through the barrier and into the hard metallic body. The Elven Queen's barrier cracked and shattered, her eyes widened in shock. I lost my footing slightly and grabbed at the giant black eye on her back for support.

A sudden overwhelming feeling entered my body.

Like a vision.

I could see, feel, and hear everything vividly.

My body felt absurdly large... larger than a continent.

My stomach growled a deeper unsatiated hunger.

I felt sharp rows of jagged teeth in my mouth, a mechanical feeling coursed around my body.

I didn't feel like a human. Let alone a slime.

Power coursed my body as a giant land mass sparkling with "food" laid beneath me. I felt my jaw open wide, as reality broke its way back in.

The eye on the Elven Queen's back suddenly lost its giant size and shrunk down to fit into my palm. I fell back, hitting my head against her body before landing on the ground with unsteady feet.

"What did you just-"

"Huh-? Oh-... me?"

I laughed a little while rubbing the back of my neck lightly with my hand that held my sword.