Chapter 35: I Made it... kind of?

After around fifteen more minutes of Laviel driving, we finally arrived at the front of Cyconis. The World tree was way larger than I ever anticipated... The double helix spiral looked supersized up close, and I finally realized the scale of this continent.

"So that's Cyconis, huh?"

"Yep, now let's go quickly. You're still wanted."

"Ah. Right..."

We walked hastily along the sidewalk before we came face to face with this metal door on the side of a root. Laviel swiped her card down next to the handle, a beeping noise emanating from the door before a few locks switched off. She pushed the door open and motioned me to come inside.

We quickly walked through the metallic white halls, I noticed cameras all around us. The most likely thing to happen right now, would be us getting caught in some form.

"Laviel."

"Hm?"

"Take this."

I formed a small red ring and threw it over to her, she caught it and looked at it.

"Are you maybe-"

"No. It's to track your location."

"Sure~"

She put the ring on and looked at it.

"All set~"

She then scanned us through another door, we entered this small white box. I felt my balance go off, so I can assume we were taking an elevator.

After around a minute or so the doors opened again.

We then climbed up to this altar-looking thing. We stood on top of it. It started glowing a light blue and I felt the space around us distort in a similar sense to teleportation. This circular entrance appeared, electricity sparking from surrounding pillars.

"This is a Nano-Gateway, in its core aspect it's just simple teleportation magic. Technology just loves cloning things..."

"I see..."

"Oh- it's a government secret though so no telling, okay~?"

She gave me a quick wink.

She triggered another door with her keycard and we started walking down this immensely long set of stairs... It felt like forever...

In a similar sense, it felt like climbing up a hundred floor skyscraper.

As soon as we got to the bottom, Laviel scanned a third door which opened up to another metallic hallway. On our left was this larger space that appeared to be some sort of aircraft carrier? There wasn't an exit though so... no idea~

We turned down the other path before reaching yet another door. Laviel triggered it and this pathway to a collection of... guess what? Even more doors.

How many doors can one place have?

"Cyn, what cell was Risible put in?"

"Huh? Uh... let me ask."

"Hey- Ode?"

<Hm? Yeah?>

"Could you get in contact with Risible and ask what cell he's in."

<Y'know I can just answer right?>

I paused for a second.

"Risible?"

<Yessir~>

"Wait- but you were with Esther-"