Blood of My Death: The Ancient Earthscrapper - Chapter Forty-Six

Começar do início

"Need to know. You ain't on the list to know," Captain Biggs said.

"Fuck you!" I screamed, trying to move.

"Someone is about to get fucked and it's not me," Captain Biggs stated in a matter-of-fact tone.

He took his helmet off to reveal his face. A thirty-something tall man with a military-style haircut was blonde. He had an oval face with stern lips and a scar going through his right eye. The man had hazel eyes that glared at me with arrogance as he prepared to remove more of his uniform. He was a formidable man with an equal presence. Before he could go any further, a guard ran in, calling his name. This seemed to aggravate him more.

"What is it?!" Captain Biggs demands.

"We found the other one! It's attacking the perimeter," the guard explained.

"Then use the special cold iron bullets!" yelled Captain Biggs.

"It's moving too fast and...," The guard stopped as he turned, shooting at something.

"What is it?" Captain Biggs demanded.

"It's here, Captain!" the guard cried.

Something red impaled his chest, followed by two more. He dropped to the ground, dead. More gunfire sounded off outside the diner. A few other guards ran inside, taking cover. Captain Biggs grabbed his rifle, dropping the rod in haste.

"Our position is being overrun!" a guard shouted.

"How? By what?" Captain Biggs shot back.

"Werewolves! The test subject lured them here!" Another guard answered.

"Shit, how did they get to this area? Fall back!" Captain Biggs ordered.

"What about the captured test subject?" a guard asked.

"Let the wolves have them. There's still two we can capture. Move out!" Captain Biggs commanded.

"Yes, sir!" the guards replied.

"Looks like I must give you that lesson some time later! Don't worry, sloppy seconds are fine with me," Captain Biggs said as he groped my breast and then shoved his other hand between my legs.

I head-butted him, breaking his nose as he cried out. He picked the rod up, jabbing it in my rib cage. The rob pierced my skin as if I made it out of butter. Scorching agony struck me in waves. I cried out so loud my lungs felt like they had ruptured. My torturer just smiled at me with satisfaction as he assaulted my breasts one last time before leaving. They disappeared out of my sight, leaving me helpless for the coming monsters. 'Werewolves? I couldn't believe that was what the things chasing us were. Now they'd get me,' I thought as my chest was in pain. He lodged this rob deep in my ribs. A dagger that caused me labored pains with each breath. 'Had It punctured one of my lungs?' I thought. A rustling sound caught my attention, but I was too weak to lift my head again.

"Kristonia!" Rachel cried out.

The sound of her voice gave me the strength to look up. Rachel, drenched in blood, ran to me, dropping to her knees. She tried to pull the rod from my ribs, only to cry out in pain.

"What is this thing?" Rachel questioned, looking back as another round of gunfire went off.

"Cold iron or something. I don't know why it burns like this," I replied, coughing up blood.

"I'll find something to pull it out. Just hang in there!" Rachel ordered as she darted behind the diner's counter.

Moments later, she came back with a hammer and an arm full of towels. She sat the hammer down beside the chair I was in and used towels to cover the rod as she carefully pulled it out. The more she pulled it out, the less pain there was. It still hurt severely, and once it was out, she threw it across the room. She used the hammer to pry the cuffs from the chair, then used the hammer to pry them off my wrists and legs. The cuffs come off more straightforward than I had expected, freeing me from the chair. I tried to stand, only to collapse to the floor. The wound from the cold iron rod had left me bleeding. Rachel used the towels to put pressure on the wound. She used both sleeves from her clothes to wrap them around my waist, making a makeshift bandage. The gunfire was still going on outside the diner. Rachel helped me to my feet, allowing me to lean on her.