Trinity of Entanglement Chapter Twenty-Three

Start from the beginning

“Your father, my brother, wasn’t always a tyrant. But something similar happened to him. His true mate had been in a relationship for several years and rejected him to be with the man she loved. He almost died, sweetheart. He emerged from hiding a year later, unrecognizable, and had gone completely insane. Inevitably, he waged war on the kingdom. When we all used to live in peace. Then remnants of charred bones and missing wolves popped up over the countryside and throughout the woods and mountains. We couldn’t make heads or tails of anything. Until a little girl escaped his clutches. We discovered the truth, then. The bruises, slashes and burn scars on her flesh. Along with her account of what he did exposed everything, dear niece. This unfortunate young woman was younger than your birth mother, that you had the privilege of meeting today. Therefore, avoiding rejection would be sensible.”

Annalise plops down next to me and clutches my hand. She glances back at Alpha Gabriel and inquires, “Did he have someone he cared for too? Or was it a single-sided rejection, because he was waiting for his mate?”

“He was alone awaiting his mate. Searched for years, but never found her. He located her in Florence when he was in his forties.”

Annalise waves her hand in the air dismissively and declared, “Well, there you have it, uncle. It’s completely unrelated to what is transpiring here. I suggest you all stop digging your claws into each other. We are going to carry on as the teenagers we are. After Lorna and Xillon turn eighteen and we can decipher who our mates are. Then we’ll go from there. I don’t want to hear anymore talks of us all living together. Daddy’s right. This has all been ludicrous. It’s comical how my dad was the only one on our side. Maybe you should apologize for what you just said to him. Because he is my daddy and will continue to be so forever, regardless.”

It was no simple task for two alphas to put aside their differences and make amends to one another. But with aid from Luna Celestia and Gabriels mates, they grabbed each other’s hands and dealt each other a firm handshake and called a truce. Then everybody went their separate ways.

Once all the people had left, I pulled Annalise over onto my lap, asking, “Would you like to go on a hunt? Don’t know about you, but I am starving. We missed dinner.”

She cringes and shakes her head disapprovingly and asks, “do you think it’s possible to stop our wolves from going insane and taking over again? That’s the real question we should ask ourselves, Xillon. The thought literally scares me, to be honest. Could we invite Finley and Lorna to join us? Just to be on the safe side. In that way, we can search for food and we will satisfy our wolves. It would be beneficial for everyone to hash things out together after hunting. So we can grasp what occurred today.”

Nodding my head in agreement, I crush my lips to hers. Then pull away from the kiss and stand with her straddling my hips. Made sure I planted her feet on the ground, before mind linking Finley for them to meet us in the woods.

Because of our wolves being drained from the earlier events that occurred. We ended up hunting with crossbows. It was a refreshing change. I’ve become too reliant on Xavier. I was once an expert at using various weapons. So it was taking some adjustment. But Annalise is fluent in weapon yielding. She glances over, smirking, and winks at me after shooting a fox. Then runs over to tie the remnants to a rope with other animals she’s shot already. Every time she shoots, and an arrow flies, then impales an animal. I get hot and bothered. Teenage shifter hormones are going to be my undoing.

Annalise ambles over to me, shrugging her shoulders and giggles. “You’ve gone slack over the last year, love. I’ve caught five and you have only shot two. No need to worry, dear, I’ll share. We’re good here. Let’s head to the cave. I’m certain Finley has led Lorna there. Haven’t seen them for a while.”