Chapter Thirty-Two

ANNALISE 

‘Something isn’t right. I don’t have a good feeling. Shouldn’t Jarek and Dante be back by now? Zane has been gone for a while as well. He was just going for food. Which would be nice right about now. I’m famished.’

‘They are most likely giving us time to be with Xillon. That’s the main reason Zane left. He knows it takes a while for a knot to go down.’

‘Yes, you are right. I feel more at ease now. Thank you Annalise.’

Xillon and I whisper sweet nothings in each other’s ears as we lick each other’s wounds to help aid the healing process. I was about to climb off of Xillon when I got a whiff of my other three mates. Then started hearing their conversations as they talked through the mind link.

‘I wonder if we’ve given them enough time?’

‘We should knock, right?’

‘It sure is quiet in there. I’m sure we wouldn’t be interrupting anything at this point.’

Rolling my eyes, I chuckle, steal one last kiss from Xillon and stand from our position on the floor. Plucking a shirt from the floor, none caring to whom it belongs to, I strut myself over to the hidden door and push the button for it to open.

“I’m going to wash up. You guys better get the food served. Larissa is famished.”

‘See, I was right. They were trying to give Xillon and I some privacy, Larissa.’

‘I would like it that way with all of them, but only for the markings. Then I don’t mind some group action.’

‘Larissa! Seriously! Oh, my gosh girl! I’m only sixteen. There won’t be any group action going on at any time. What’s going on with our heat? Aren’t we supposed to be mad with lust and wanting to tear our mates apart?’

‘As long as you do nothing stupid like before and take a shower, we should be good for a while after being marked and mated.’

‘That would have been nice to know before I took a shower earlier. We are lucky mom and Queen Luna came to my aid.’

‘I had what I needed. A comfy nest, all of my mate’s scents surrounding me, Zane’s seed dripping from within us. I was tired. Be ready to sleep a lot between eating and burning up the sheets, girl. Mmm… yes. Who’s next?’

‘We need to eat first, Larissa, my goodness girl. That’s a good question, though. hmmm… It’s a good thing they built two bedrooms leading further underground, for privacy, for the other’s right. Technically, now that we are all here, none of us are supposed to leave from this juncture on. The rooms are stocked with odds and ends to keep everyone entertained while…’

‘Annalise, if you don’t stop, I’m going to get all hot and bothered again and I would like to eat before that happens. And possibly grab another nap. Whoever is closest to us when we wake up, that’s who we’ll choose.’

***

Have you ever woken up in one of those surreal moments where you’re wondering if this is real life or not? Well, that’s me as I wake to all four of my mates consuming me from every angle. The only thing free of them is my face. They didn’t want to smother me; I suppose. Seriously though, Dante and Zane are below me and Jarek and Xillon are caging us all in from the sides and are on top of me.

They are all snoring and their wolves are whimpering and I don’t have the faintest clue what to do, right now, because damn, I have seriously got to pee. Like a full gallon, you know what I’m saying. Thinking back, I can’t remember anything past chowing down on the delicious Moose. Zane and Janus hunted and killed. Did I pass out while I was eating?