Trinity Of Entanglement Chapter Twenty-One

ANNALISE

Dad hugs me to his side protectively as we make our way outside. “How is my baby girl feeling? Are you alright? I know it’s all so much to take in teenager.”

“It’s all so surreal, honestly. Really, dad, think about it. There’s a high possibility that I wouldn’t be standing here today. But Selene had plans for both Journee and me. She’s the only reason we are alive and walking this earth. Sorry if this sounds crude. But my sperm donor wasn’t one for leaving behind evidence of his...”

He stops and embraces me tightly. A low growl hitched in his throat. “I’ll protect you with every fiber of my being, baby girl. You’ll always be my baby girl. Even after you are thirty years old with dozens of pups running around. I won’t let anyone hurt you.”

“I know daddy. Thank you for always being here for me and loving me. Must also thank you for teaching me how to kick some ass, if it’s ever needed. I’ll make you the proudest father in the world. There’s no doubt about that.”

“Would you mind going for a run with your old man? We haven’t had a chance since you had your first shift. Our father daughter dates have become slim to none over the last year. Things have grown so chaotic. You probably think that I’ve forgotten about you. I’m sorry about that, baby girl. The life of an alpha is…”

Pulled away, chuckling and rolling my eyes. “Let me stop you right there, daddy. For one, you’re thirty-seven and look like you’re a teenager still. Old man, my butt. Also, I know how busy you and mom are with running the pack and having to travel. So I don’t fault you for not being present every moment of my waking life. I do miss our time together. So a run through the woods would be nice,” I said, beaming up at him. Then gripped his hand and pulled him towards the treeline.

After stripping from my clothes and transforming, Larissa and I walk further into the forest. She whips her head in all directions, searching for Talon, but he’s nowhere to be found. She sniffs the air and catches his scent to the left, but it’s faint. Slowly, she stalks in the direction that his scent came from.

‘Ah… I see we are playing a game of hide and seek. Right?’ Larissa asked, making me chuckle.

Shaking my head, I reminisce about my younger childhood days. ‘Yes, most likely. It’s a game daddy, and I used to play, right on until I was twelve and grew too old for silly games. When he was in wolf form as well, to make things more fun and interesting.’

‘Now you have me. So that makes it easier for us to find him.’ She chuckles inside our mind link. ‘I’ll let you take partial control once we find him,’ she says, while continuing her hunt, sniffing the air.

We both chuckle when we see Talon’s black tail wagging from behind some brushes. ‘I don’t think he realizes his tail is in view, Larissa. This is going to be great. Let’s go…’

I trailed off when she gave me control. We circled around, crouching low to the ground, sneaking up behind him as quietly as possible. His ears perk up and he whips his head around just as we pounce on him.

‘Found you, daddy!’

‘That you did, baby girl. Race you to the lake and back!’ Surprising us, Talon jumps up and takes off, getting a head start.

‘What are you waiting for?! Let’s go!’ Larissa squeals and takes off after him.

It’s nice seeing my dad and his wolf letting loose and blowing off steam for once. Larissa is excited to have a challenge as well. Though dad and Talon aren’t ancient like we are, he is an alpha, so his speed matches our own. In a couple of years, Jarek and his wolf Trex will match our speed as well when he assumes the alpha position. That will be mighty interesting to see. We all come to a halt upon reaching the brush we had all bolted from. Dad beat us by half a foot. But we were neck to neck, a good portion of the way.