Trinity of Entanglement Five

XILLON

She has been my muse and captured my soul from the time we were children. But instead of following my heart, I let the fact that Jarek’s my best friend impede my happiness. That never kept Zane away from her. Now I’m being left on the back burner while he works his way into her bed. I can’t permit that to happen. He’ll ruin her, just like he’s ruined all the other girls before her. He’ll use her and cast her aside, but keep her at arm’s length until he needs to use her up some more. I love Zane, but with women, he’s a jackass and Annalise deserves so much better.

When she shifted, Xavier was prancing around like a horn dog wanting a piece. Won’t lie. The erection forcing its way through the zipper of my pants at the time, showed my interest as well.

BACKTRACK

‘Being beta gives us a high chance of being her mate. Her wolf is mesmerizing, and her soul calls out to me. I can’t reach her through the mind link, though. We should mount her and take what is ours.’

‘Seriously, Xavier. Mount her, as if she were a piece of meat, instead of the goddess she is. Hell no, Annalise and her wolf deserve so much better than that. She is in the same boat as us. She intends to preserve herself for her mate. It is highly probable that she, being an ancient werewolf, will end up with another ancient werewolf. Damn, that would mean she would leave us and we’d never see her again.’

‘We can’t permit that to happen. She could choose us as a chosen mate. That happens from time to time. A wolf chooses love instead of fate. I feel it in my soul, though. Don’t you feel it? Annalise and her wolf are ours. We should take control of this situation. Follow her so we can hunt with her. We’ll be able to bond with her that way.’

‘We will not stalk her, Xavier. Chill out and I’ll talk to her after she returns.’

‘You’re killing me with all the bullshit. I want to run with our mate.’

‘We’re both dreaming. There’s no way she will wind up as our mate. Would be nice, though. I would gladly pamper her and give her the world.’

BACK TO THE PRESENT

Ringing my hands with frustration, I listen in on their conversation. There’s no way in hell I’ll allow him to manipulate her this way. She’s right, the asshole can’t go two days without fucking some poor, innocent young woman. He’s crafty, I’ll give you that. But there’s no way he can keep his dick in his pants and treat Annalise with the respect and dignity she deserves.

“Shit man, I’m sorry. I was just checking in on Annalise to ensure she was doing alright. She seemed a bit out of it before, don’t you think?”

The fucker banged into me as he was exiting her room. I have half the mind to whoop his ass right now in the hallway. He better be glad I’m great at holding restraint.

“Stay away from her, Zane. She doesn’t need to mix with the likes of you. You won’t need to worry about Jarek or Alpha Max ripping you a new one, because I’ll do the honors myself and leave you for dead. You’re one of my best friends, but with Annalise, that doesn’t mean shit to me. Do you understand? Do what’s best for everyone, especially her, and stay away.”

“Whatever man. You’re jealous of me and always have been. Back off and stay out of our way,” he says and storms off to his room.

Her door flies open. She glares at me, clutches my wrist and yanks me inside, then slams the door shut.

“You were out there, listening in on our entire conversation. I could hear your thoughts, Xillon. Maybe you should have voiced your feelings to me a long time ago and it would be you I would have that conversation with. Goddess, you know what. Fuck you both. I don’t need either of you. Larissa comes forth and suddenly everyone wants me. This is bullshit!”