CIX - My Own Blood

"My pretty boy," I whisper, and he does nothing but click his tongue with a smile on his face. 

***

~The Next Day~

Both the Levi squad, Hange and the boys all conversed amongst themselves in the mess hall during breakfast. Plans had been made that, all of us were heading to the Capital within the next hour or two to prepare for the medal ceremony, the ceremony happening on the same day as Eren and Mikasa's release from their cells. 

There was something about the air in the mess hall today. There was a type of doubt that lingered over the kids, but it was also somewhat lighthearted which is what I like. Everyone seemed okay. As content as people can be this soon after recent events. I nursed a cup of tea, dipping the teabag in and out of the scorching hot water, listening in on what everyone had to say about anything. My chin resting on my palm as a small smile spread across my face, eyes wandering over each of my comrades. 

"Can I just take a moment to say I was right all along because I'm a genius?" Connie soon says. Everyone's attention shifted to him, confusion evident on all their faces. I raise an eyebrow at the yellow eyed boy who had a sly smile on his face. Some would even say it's mischievous, and I can't help but narrow my eyes at him in suspicion. 

"About what, exactly?" Armin asks, his fork holding a piece of his food on it. Everyone watched Connie, whose gaze soon glided across everyone, the same sly look in his eyes remaining concrete in them. 

"About how Captain Levi and Y/N are fucking?" The words only made everyone's jaws drop and my eyes widen. I have never sat up so quickly in my life, my head leaving my palm so fast and my heart suddenly pounding in my throat. 

"They're what?!" Zion exclaimed loudly, my eyes darting around the room in hopes of being greeted by Levi's absence. Sure enough, he wasn't here. I turn to glare at both Connie and Zion, only finding the entire table staring at me with obvious expressions of shock. All except Hange who only laughed silently to herself as she picked away at her food. 

"What possessed you to announce that aloud?" I snap at the boy and he raised an eyebrow in return. 

"Because you didn't practically announce it to the entirety of Headquarters last night?" He questioned, genuine confusion crossing his face. Everyone turned to look at him, their jaws still ajar with their eyebrows scrunched together. His gaze looked over his peers, confusion occupying his face as his eyes settled on Sasha. "Oh c'mon! Did you all not hear it last night? Sasha, your hearing is the best out of all of ours, did you hear it?' She was quick to shake her head vigorously, nearly choking on her mouthful of food she likely forgot about. 

"I was prancing around on mashed potato clouds and swimming in duck fat gravy lakes last night, I didn't hear anything," she says. Connie looked bewildered at her response, my head tilted at him and my leg bouncing anxiously under the table. Both Zion and Reece both glared at me, looks that could kill if life was that way. I roll my eyes at them before sending a bored look, almost like I was dismissing them. Their gazes only narrowed on me making me avert my gaze to the yellow eyed boy who pleaded someone heard what he did, only to be disappointed with his comrades lack of agreement. 

"No, because what?" Reece says, still in complete and utter disbelief. 

"To be quite frank, I don't think it concerns any of you," I say, lifting my teacup to my lips and taking a sip. 

"We're your best friends, Sunshine!" Reece returns almost instantly. My gaze snapped to him, annoyance playing in my eyes. 

"Oh yeah? How's your love life going with Jenny? How's the sex? How many times have you done it?" The questions flowed out, irritation laying thickly in my tone. He looked taken aback, and I realise it was quite harsh with the way I said it. He blinked and shrunk back in his seat, letting the silence overwhelm him and the rest of the table occupants. "I'm sorry, but my private life, especially that specific part of my life does not need to be narrated to everyone in the vicinity. My relationship with Levi doesn't interfere with your lives, does not affect our professional lives and most certainly doesn't have anything to do with you unless we make it your business, do I make myself clear?" The words were blunt and firm, all of their gazes stuck to the table as they all nod in unison.