Simon : The Yakumo Curse

Start from the beginning

"What does that mean?" Sakura asked what they were all thinking. Tsubaki looked at the Vindice. "Care to help? You guys are the keeper of memories." she reminded them. "Very well. Since this was also part of the agreement."

They were taken to a castle in Italy. Damian and Elena were in one of the rooms when an explosion went off. "Get down!" Damian yelled. The window blew out and part of the building fell in on them. Damian coughed as the spoke began to clear. "A set up.. huh...Elena!" he screamed her name. More coughing was heard. The Mist guardian ran over to her and held her limp body. "Damian... I'm... dying... Protect the weak... together with the Vongola... Damian... if it's you... you can do it..." she gave him her last words. He continued to scream her name until he heard his name.

"Damian?" Someone moved the rubble out of the way revealing Tsubaki. She saw Damian holding Elena and crying. "It's my fault..." he whimpered. "It's not." she said going over to them. She slightly bowed showing her respect for Elena. "What do you mean?" he questioned her. "I was too late. I'm so sorry Damian. I was supposed to come sooner to warn you about the attack." she explained.

He placed her body down and turned his attention to Tsubaki. His hand was swift as he grabbed her neck and slammed her into the wall. There was hatred and fire in his eyes as he held her off the ground. She kicked and squirmed as she began to lose air. Her nails clawed at his wrists. "Dami..." She was starting to lose consciousness.

Until a pair of handcuffs appeared around Damian and forced him to face the cloud guardian who looked more angry than anything. He arrested Damian. "You're acting out of anger. Calm down." he ordered. Tsubaki sat on the floor regaining control of her airway. "If I had straightened Primo's way of thinking back then..." Damian muttered as he looked at Elena's body. Tsubaki and Alude looked over at him. "Nevermind the weak, without strength, you can't even protect the one person you love... Just watch, Elena... your beloved Vongola will become strong..." he looked up at the sky. "I will recreate them... so that just hearing the name of the Vongola will make people tremble!" he screamed out.

The memory ended and they were taken to a different castle. Tsubaki was sitting in the garden on a rocking chair as she held her large belly. Primo was sitting next to her at a tea table. They looked content until Tsubaki looked up at the sky. "What's wrong?" Giotto asked her. "It looks like it's gonna rain." she commented. Giotto looked up. "How do you know that?" he asked her. She was about to answer when they both felt the hostile energy. Tsubaki couldn't stand up quickly but Alude came out to his now wife. "Tsuba!" he yelled, going over to her. Primo got in front of both of them, his gloves glowing... until he saw it was Damian. "Damian?" Primo lowered his guard but Alude and Tsubaki didn't. "Damian, what are you doing here?" Giotto asked. Damian looked past both men and saw Tsubaki bearing fruit to a child. His anger grew.

"Why?" he demanded. They all looked at him confused. "Why do you get to be happy when you're the reason Elena is gone?!" he screamed at them. His flames burst from his body forcing Tsubaki into an illusion. Fear took hold of her. She wasn't used to fighting with someone like this. A warm hand covered her eyes. "Relax my love. I have you. You and our princess are safe." Allude's voice filled her ear. She relaxed instantly.

Soon the illusion ended. Primo had frozen Damian with his zero point breakthrough. "That's enough, Damian. What happened to Elena was tragic but you can't take it out on Tsuba." he reprimanded the mist guardian. But Damian was still blinded by revenge and anger. "I CURSE YOU! I curse you and your bloodline that no princesses will ever be born. That your bloodline will never find real love! That the Yakumo line forever suffers like I have and continue to." He screamed at Tsubaki. Allude touched Tsubaki's shoulder assuring her they were just words. Primo had Damian taken away so he could be punished.

They were supposed to be just words from the angry and heartbroken mist user but they weren't just words. The next day Tsubaki was in a lot of pain. Several doctors went to see her as Primo and Allude waited outside the bedroom door. Rain and thunder raged outside. The thunder masked Tsubaki's screams and cries of pain.

A couple of hours later the doctor came out. He looked tired and exhausted. "I'm sorry. I did everything I could." he said to both men who were standing. Allude pushed past him and ran into the room. Lying on the bed exhausted and heartbroken was Tsubaki. Her husband ran over and held her hand. "Tsuba!" he yelled her name. She looked over at him with his blood stained eyes. "I'm sorry Alude. I lost the baby." she started crying.

Giotto looked at the doctor. "It was a still born.I did everything I could to try to revive the baby but...I'm sorry." he said looking down. Giotto shook his head. No one said it but they all wondered if this was Damian's curse taking place.

The memory ended.

Damian started laughing as he looked at Tsubaki's spirit. "It was all for naught." he said looking at her. "After all, she was born anyways." Damian commented as he looked over at Sakura. Tsubaki looked over at her. "That's where you're wrong. My family was cursed by you. But her... like all of the Vongola born in this generation are us." she said standing up. "Isn't that right, Nii-san?" Tsubaki was looking past Sakura. Everyone turned to look behind the princess. She turned around and saw Ryu standing behind her. "That's right, Damian. The bloodline continued through me, until another princess could be born. Ryu looked at Tsubaki. "Until it was time for us to be born again." Ryu agreed.Damian sighed as he leaned back looking up at the sky. "I see. They are all us." he looked over at Tsuna. "Yeah... I can see it." he closed his eyes.

"That's why he hates the weak Vongola... A mafia so big it can silence a crying child." Reborn commented. "In truth, I wasn't mistaken in the Vongola I created... Now the Vongola have excessive strength. The fools have been weeded out of the upper levels, and the weak blood has been rendered ineffective. Just as Elena desired... I have brought down the weak among the Vongola." Damian commented. "But... would Elena have liked... that kind of Vongola, I wonder?" Tsuna pondered. Damian, Tsubaki and Ryu looked at Tsuna. "What?!" Damian demanded.

"Using power and money to control people through fear... You don't even take the feeling of the weak into consideration." Tsuna pointed out to all of them. Tsubaki and Ryu exchanged glances. "Sawada Tsunayoshi! You think you understand Elena's feelings?" Damian demanded of the boy. "Elena's feelings?" he pondered. More of Damian's body began to fade. "I understand them." Tsuna assured him. "What did you say...?" Damian's body began to turn more and more into dust but he still struggled to accept Tsuna's feelings.

"Elena was... grateful for you. I feel it with the Vongola's hyper intuition. Elena-san wants to say 'thank you' for trying your hardest to keep on living, without forgetting about who it is you truly are." Tsuna assured him. Damian began to cry as he reached for Tsuna. Tsubaki kneeled down and took his outreached hand. "Elena, I couldn't save you... Forgive me...Tsubaki... I'm sorry." he closed his eyes as tears fell. "I forgive you Damian." Tsubaki assured him. More of his body turned to dust.

Tsuna ran over to him. "Damian!" He yelled out his name. "You have lived too long, Damian. Don't worry, you're returning to your beloved Elena. You can entrust the Vongola to Tsuna." Reborn assured him. "Wait... what are you saying?" Tsuna protested. "Damian should know from his own experience. The Vongola's tenth candidate definitely has some pitiful weaknesses but... it's nothing to be worried about, since he's not weak." Reborn smiled.

Damian chuckled. "How many decades has it been since I felt sleepy... and listened to Elena's feelings? The conflict has been solved at last... even though this was... following Sawada Tsunayoshi's awful script. Show me your method of doing things, Sawada Tsunayoshi. However, if you do anything to bring shame on our name, I won't forgive you, since this is Elena's beloved Vongola..." Damian's voice faded into the air as his body disappeared. The battle... was over.