I walked away as fast as I could looking down on my black shoes (yeah, I’m wearing a freaking school uniform, courtesy of Perez).Then, I bumped someone. I looked up to say my apologies and my eyes widened a tad at the young man. Perez 

Well played, life. Very well played. 

I was staring at his gorgeous features, and when I realized that I was, my brows furrowed and my eyes widened. I looked away immediately and I guess he did too. I apologized and walked away quicker than lightning.

He didn’t say a word. Sucks! He didn’t even ask if I’m okay, he didn’t even say he’s sorry, he didn’t even call my freaking name! What the hell’s wrong with him?!

I looked back again and I almost stopped when I saw him staring at me, with a blank expression. I shook my head and just went straight to class. Damn. Why is he like that?! And why the hell are we avoiding each other?! 

“Hi bestfriend,” someone greeted. I turned to look at the man and sure enough, Andrew was beside me.

I greeted him with a smile. “Hi,” I said almost too mutely. I heard him chuckle and my eyebrows met each other in confusion. “What?” I asked. I looked up to him and his finger poked my nose.

“Hey!’ I said, mocking offense. I crinkled my nose and took hold of it.

He chuckled yet again. “You’re still avoiding each other,” he said.

I sighed as I remembered Perez. Screw it! Why do I feel like this? Why do I feel mad whenever I think that Perez and I were avoiding each other? I should be happy, right?

“Well, err... I… we—“

“Stop stuttering,” he said. I looked at him as we walked through the stairs. People shot us glances and I decided not to mind them.

“Yeah, we were. Why?” I asked.

He shrugged. “I don’t know. Why are you asking me?”

“Because I don’t know why we are trying to dodge each other. I wanted to scream! I wanted to scream right in front of Perez’s face and ask him why!

“By the way, he—“

“Andrew!” someone shouted.

He puffed his cheeks and looked at me apologetically. “Sorry, training time,” he said. He shrugged and I nodded.

Then I went straight to class.

A sound of snap brought me back to the present time. I shot Zelle a death glare. “Anong ginagawa mo?” she asked.

Zelle leaned in closer to me and her voice tickled my ears. Just as I was about to answer her question, something blocked the light from us. We slowly looked up and there was our History teacher, who was probably going through menopause, staring straight at us. Angrily, I should add.

She took my notebook and I was trying my best not to let out a silent chuckle and end up bursting in laughing fits. Pursing my lips, I rolled them inside to stop these giggles that were dying to escape from my throat. Oh God! This is the hardest thing right now.

“Interesting, you’re drawing lines,” she stressed biting back anger.

I shot her a quick glance and looked away immediately. The more I see her overdosed makeup, the more I want to laugh. She bent closer to me and ignored everybody in class. I was trying to be serious, but come on! She just exposed her cleavage right in front of my face. That’s it, I snorted, which earned me a death glare from her.

“Anong nakakatawa, Ms. Lee?”

I chuckled in response.

Then she looked at Zelle, still wearing her scary death glare. Now she looks like Joker from Batman with all her makeup.