Birds Of A Feather

As night falls, the Hazbin crew finds shelter under the canopy of trees, seeking refuge from the dangers lurking in the darkness. As they settle in for the night, Charlie and Lute find a quiet moment to talk, the flickering light of the campfire casting shadows across their faces.

Charlie: (gentle) Lute, I can't even imagine what you're going through. Seeing Velvette like that... it must have been incredibly difficult.

Lute: (softly) Yeah... you have no idea, Charlie. Velvette is my only friend, my partner. We've been through so much together... and now she's... she's...

Lute's voice trails off, unable to finish her sentence as she struggles to hold back tears.

Charlie: (compassionate) You don't have to say it if you don't want to, Lute. Just know that I'm here for you, whatever you need.

Lute takes a deep breath, trying to compose herself as she recounts the horrifying ordeal of witnessing Velvette's transformation.

Lute: (emotionally) It was like something out of a nightmare, Charlie. One moment, Velvette was herself, and the next... she was being twisted and corrupted into that... thing.

As Lute speaks, flashes of the transformation replay in her mind, each image more haunting than the last.

Lute: (shakily) I tried to reach out to her, to snap her out of it... but she didn't even recognize me. It was like she was gone, replaced by... someone else.

Charlie reaches out, placing a comforting hand on Lute's shoulder, offering silent support and understanding.

Charlie: (softly) I'm so sorry, Lute. It must be incredibly painful to see someone you care about suffer like that. But we'll find a way to help Velvette, I promise.

Lute nods, grateful for Charlie's words of comfort as she tries to push aside the memories of Velvette's transformation.

Lute: (resolutely) We have to, Charlie. Velvette deserves better than to be trapped in that monstrous form. I won't rest until I find a way to bring her back. And I'll help do the same to help Vaggie get out of Vox's control.

Lute manages a small smile, the weight of her grief momentarily lifted by Charlie's unwavering support.

-

Meanwhile, back on board the Kaizoku Gattai in Squillia's chamber, Clara and Squillia continue their conversation, their dynamic slowly shifting from awkwardness to genuine curiosity and interest in each other's lives. As Clara sits on the couch and Squillia stands up:

Squillia: (excited) To think the only bright spot of this whole operation is hanging out with my cousin.

Clara: (playfully) Bright spot? I think of myself as more of a, uh, shadowy menace.

Squillia chuckles at Clara's response, enjoying the banter between them as they begin to bond over their shared Carmine lineage.