I Spy A Empty Dream

A week later, at V Tower...

Velvette: (excited) AT LAST... it's complete.

Velvette laughs before emerging from a mist of smoke in front of Lute, with her arm and eye restored.

Velvette: (excited) What do you think?

Lute: (calmly) Nice... I guess.

Velvette: (determined) Nice? Are you kidding? I finally can properly use my phone again, and I can see out of two eyes again.

Lute: (confused) How did you do it?

Velvette: (excited) Funny story. A few weeks ago, Vox might have hacked into Carmine headquarters' database as revenge for what happened to his boy toy. There was a file about cybernetics made by one of Carmilla's brats, the one with the red glasses and lab coat. Don't know why, but using that, I was able to build myself what you can see in front of you. Mind you, I believe the file had instructions on putting fake skin... but that sounds absolutely disgusting. All we need to do now is do the same to you.

Lute: (surprised) What... Velvette, I appreciate the idea, but... um...

Velvette: (calmly) But what? You're missing an arm and an eye. I could care less if you don't want to.

Lute: (calmly) No, no, it's not that, it's just I don't know what having a cybernetic arm and eye is gonna feel like. I've barely had experience with something like this.

Velvette: (reassuringly) Look, Lute, I get it. It's a big change. But think about it, having cybernetic enhancements could give you abilities you've never even dreamed of. Plus, we can't deny the practicality of it. With what we do, having a little extra edge could mean the difference between success and... well, not success. Do you get me?

Lute: (thoughtful) I suppose you're right. It's just a big step, you know?

Velvette: (excited) Oh, I know. NOW COME ON, YOU BEAUTIFUL EXORCIST!

Lute: (shocked) Wait, did you just call me beautiful?

Velvette: (teasingly) Oh, don't let it go to your head now. I just need you in top shape for our next job. And trust me, with those cybernetics, you'll be even more dazzling than before. So, are you in?

-

Meanwhile, in the outskirts of the pride ring inside a cave-like structure near the remains of the crashed Warstar Battle ship, Lilith and Vrak look upon Vrak's little project.

Vrak: (determined) Behold, the mighty Aurora Box, one if not the most prized possession of the Carmine family from the living world. After the death of Carmilla and her daughters, it's been sitting in a box in a police warehouse until I was able to claim it for myself during a mission for the high seraphim. It was passed down their family for generations. Legend has it that if unlocked, the Aurora Box can fulfil a person's greatest desire. Luckily, thanks to my angelic and overlord powers, I have unlocked it.

 Luckily, thanks to my angelic and overlord powers, I have unlocked it