Best of Bad Luck

A bit later that same day, Emily, still in her room, is sitting on her bed.

Voice: (calmly) What's got you in a state, dear?

Emily jumps and turns around to see Alastor smiling.

Emily: (relieved) Oh, it's just you, Alastor. I'm fine.

Alastor: (calmly) You know you can be honest with me. I know something happened when you were at Lucifer's mansion. You don't have to hide it.

Emily: (nervously) It's... complicated.

Alastor: (calmly) Well, I have something that might lighten your spirits. How about I teach you how to make my special pies that I promised you?

Emily: (calmly) I guess.

Alastor: (determined) Excellent.

-

Meanwhile, in the lodge, Clara and Odette sit on a sofa while the others sit in different chairs and sofas, while Charlie is standing up.

Charlie: (calmly) Right, Clara, Odette, how about you tell us about yourselves?

Clara: (calmly) Well, I like testing and building stuff designed by Odette. I also like listening to rock music in my own time.

Charlie: (calmly) And what about you, Odette?

Odette remains quiet, looking at the carpet.

Angel Dust: (annoyed) What's wrong with Miss Weapons Designer here?

Clara: (nervously) I apologize. Odette isn't very talkative, she's been through a lot recently.

Charlie: (sympathetically) It's fine, don't worry. It's only your first day.

Vaggie: (curious) So why did you two want to come to the Hazbin Hotel?

Clara: (calmly) Well, my Mom told us Alastor proposed that due to recent issues, it might be good for us to stay here and maybe get redeemed to heaven.

Charlie: (calmly) That's why we're all here.

Cherri Bomb: (annoyed) Hate to burst your bubbles, but may I remind you that heaven isn't welcoming of redeemed sinners? Just ask Sir Pentious.

Sir Pentious: (annoyed) She's right. If not, I wouldn't be back here.

Clara: (calmly) Honestly, I couldn't care less about going to heaven. I just wanted a break from my Mom's company, especially after... Actually, I'd rather not say.

Charlie: (smiling) Alright... how about we get you both settled into your rooms? If you need anything, don't hesitate to ask.

-

Meanwhile, back at Carmine headquarters, Carmilla entered her office. She felt different now that her daughters have moved out, at least for now. Now she felt alone, relaxed... and not alone.

Suddenly, Carmilla turns around and kicks some sort of flying creature out of the air onto the floor.

Carmilla looks down, seeing the creature, a one-eyed bat, smoking on the ground due to Carmilla's angelic heels, motionless.

Later that night, Odette sits on a chair in front of a table in her hotel room, looking almost dead inside as she sorts out her blueprints and photos

Suddenly, Odette comes across a photo of herself, Clara, and Carmilla from their first year in hell, a smile almost forming on her face until...

Voice: (in Odette's head) Come on, baby, you know you want to.

Odette closes her eyes as tears are able to slither out as she starts crying silently.

-

Meanwhile, in Charlie and Vaggie's room, the two lovers sit in bed together.

Vaggie: (calmly) So, our two new residents are interesting, aren't they?

Charlie: (calmly) I don't know, they seem friendly enough. I mean, technically, they helped us against Adam and the Exorcists by helping you bring all those angelic weapons to the hotel.

Vaggie: (calmly) Good point.

Charlie: (reflectively) Although... there's something about Odette. She seems so withdrawn, like she's hiding something.

Vaggie: (thoughtfully) I noticed that too. Something definitely happened between when we last saw them a month ago and now.

Charlie: (concerned) I think we should just keep an eye on her, make sure she knows she can talk to us if she needs anything. We don't want her feeling uncomfortable.

Vaggie: (calmly) Yeah...

-

Meanwhile, in V Tower, Vox looks out a window while Velvette sits on a sofa on her phone and Lute stands nearby, as Vox turns around.

Vox: (calmly) Ladies, listen up.

Velvette: (annoyed) Didn't I already tell you to stop thinking about your revenge schemes?

Vox: (determined) This isn't about a revenge scheme, Velvette. I've just come up with the ultimate power play.

Lute: (curious) What do you mean, sir?

Vox: (determined) Tonight, we shall become triple the amount richer and will drive all our competitors to bankruptcy.