Reunions

In the throne room, a goat that looks like Asriel is busy watering flowers.

???: Hum dee dum.

The goat monster is so wrapped up in his gardening, that he pays no attention to the sound of footsteps approaching him until they are right behind him.

???: Oh? Just a minute. I'm almost done watering these flowers.

The monster then finishes watering his flowers as he turns around to see his ex-wife.

Toriel: It's been awhile Asgore.

Asgore frowns and looks away.

Asgore: Howdy Tori...el. Are you here to scold me or something like that?

Toriel: *Sigh* No. It actually wasn't my idea to come here. It was someone else's

Asgore: Oh? Who might that be?

Asriel then shows up from behind Toriel.

Asriel: Howdy, dad.

Asgore's eyes bulged out in disbelief.

Asgore: My...my son. Is that you?

Asriel: The one and only. It's been awhile.

Asgore then rushes to Asriel and gives him a bear hug while crying.

Asgore: I missed you *Sniff* So much.

Asriel: C_a_n_t_b_r_e_a_t_h_e.

Toriel: Gorey, please stop. You're choking him.

Asgore puts Asriel down as the latter takes massive breaths of air.

Asgore: Heh...you haven't called me "Gorey" in a while...I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss that.

Toriel felt sad hearing that. She had stopped blaming Asgore for what had happened when she learned that all Asgore really wanted was for his people to have hope. She didn't know what to say.

And Asriel decided to help get them back together.

Asriel: Hey Mom? Dad? I'm going to look around and see if anything has changed while I was gone.

Toriel and Asgore: Alright. Be safe, son.

And with that, Asriel left the two alone.

However...

A new spirit comes out of Asriel.