Jealousy Jealousy

For weeks Iris tried to avoid the man - who she finally admitted to herself- who kept on making her feel butterflies in her stomach. A part of her was actually happy to accept the she finally had moved on from you know who, but a part of her also felt guilty for thinking about him whenever she hears Jaemin call out her name. Not that she wants to, but she just can't help because of resemblance in their voice.

All throughout the dilemma of her feelings, her best friend of course did not miss how the girl was trying so hard to avoid his other best friend. Kinda hoping that it's not because of what he was thinking.

"Hey."

Iris looked up from the pool. Rubbing her hair backwards as she removed the excess water from it.

"Isn't it too early for a swim? it's like 18 degrees or something, aren't you cold?"

"Barely can feel anything, Jen." She chuckle, gripping the metal handles as she helped herself up. Her baby blue one piece suit hugging her body in all the right places, water continuously dripping, and Jeno cannot help but to tore his eyes away, quickly grabbing the towel hanging on one of the pool chairs as he spread it out before placing it on her shoulders.

"Here, dry yourself up. We don't wanna get scolded by Jaehyun don't we?"

And Iris cannot help but to roll her eyes at the thought. Jeno only chuckled at her reaction, still fully aware about the feud between the siblings.

"You're never gonna make the first move to apologize, won't you?" the boy asked. Sitting down beside her on the mat laying by the pool side.

Iris successfully wrapped the towel around her, grabbing her hair clip as she grabbed a handful of her hair, but due to how long it had gotten, after a few twist, it got tangled on one of the clip's claw.

"Aw."

Jeno noticing her struggle, grabbed her hand and removed it from holding onto the clip.

"Still clumsy as ever. Here, let me help."

"Well I'm sorry mr. perfect, my gorgeous hair just can't seem to understand the word soft and smooth, especially after all these chlorine."

The two cannot help but to chuckle. It has been a while since the two bonded. With Jeno busy with his solo missions, and Iris being too caught up with her brother.

Combing her hair softly with his fingers before grabbing a fistful of her hair, twisting it upwards.

"Am I even doing this right?"

"Hahahaha, yes you are, Jeno Lee. I'm actually surprised."

Continuously twisting it as he placed it in an updo before clipping it with her hair clamp.

Iris brought her hands to her hair, actually proud of what her bestie did.

Turning to her side as she met his crescent eye smile.

"Wow, more so reason to call you mr. perfect."

Jeno chuckled at her, bringing his hands on her face which somehow startled Iris.

"Stay still, you got something in your eye."

"What-"

As he leaned closer to get a better look at her eye, one man on the other hand gripped the handle of his coffee mug a little too tightly.

The giggles of the duo by the pool immediately caught his attention as he walked out from his room. And he cannot help but to feel something unsettling within him.

He was sure he was making progress with their friendship already. After a year of not being with her, and after he made sure she'll still be taken good care of when she left her on Jeno's care that night, he failed to see and understand that the two will naturally create a bond without him. a bond that he probably wouldn't even understand, and so seeing how close the two is right now, made him feel things that he shouldn't feel towards his best friend.