I'm not hallucinating, am I?

After texting her brother, Iris went ahead and decided to go home. Skipping her last supposed  plan to end her day by having a solo dinner downtown. If they're gonna wait for me at dinner, then might as well get home now.

One thing she hasn't improved on yet was her car trauma. Despite being a passenger princess most of the time, the only people she trusts enough to get in the car would be Jaehyun, Jeno, and Nana, and today she decided to just take the bus and have a little commute time for herself.

The sun is slowly setting down, the mixed painted sky of blues, pink and orange never fails the girl. It still feels so surreal that I get to witness this everyday again.

As Iris was happily taking in the view, with her head up high, hands clutching her shoulder bag, while the other holds 4 paper-bags, another body collided with hers, causing for her belongings to drop.

"I'm sorry! I'm just really in a hurry right now."

An almost disoriented like man bumped into her, immediately crouching down with her as he helped her pick the scattered newly shopped clothes on the floor. Without even looking at the man, Iris just continued to pick her things.

"It's fine. don't worry about it."

after making sure everything is back on the bag, she finally let her eyes wonder to his, and almost immediately feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. The very first time she ever felt this way.

His orbs reflected something she hasn't seen before, making the hairs on the back of her neck almost standing up. Pushing it aside, she immediately grabbed the one paper bag on his hands as he extended it to her.

Courageously staring straight to the girls eyes as he yet again asked for an apology, before walking away.

After the weird encounter, Iris decided she needed to cool down at least, because if not, it might only trigger her anxiety, and the last thing she wanted to happen was to panic in a public place.

Entering a small cafe two streets away from the bus stop, she settled in a chair near the window. Ordering a camomile tea and a butter cookie. Grabbing her phone to check whether Jaehyun has texted her again, only to see another person's message.

Jenono 🐶

Hey. It's almost 7, are you still out? You're not in your room.
6:15

Smiling to herself as she hovered her fingers on the screen, sending a quick message to the boy.

Jenono 🐶

Hey. It's almost 7, are you still out? You're not in your room.
6:15

Looking out for me much? haha
Yeah, just bought some drinks. I'll be home in a bit.
6:40

Placing her phone down as she finished her cup of tea, she caught sight of a familiar man around the corner of the lamppost across from where she is sitting. Squinting her eyes as she recognized him as the same person who bumped into her a while ago.

Huh. what a creep.

Still deciding to no think about it too much, she fixed her things before saying thanks to the staffs. Putting on her airpods as she played her frank ocean playlist.

Going to the bus stop was supposedly a calming 5 minute walk only, but it seems like the world has conspired against her today. It is true when they say instinct never lies, so when she felt a heavy aura on her, she immediately doubled her pace in walking. Feeling as if she was being followed, she clutched her bag tightly as the other typed for her brother's number.