Caught in between

It was around 10 in the morning when a knock was heard from the other side of his door, halting his moves, Jaemin looked at the direction before asking who is it; twisting the doorknob from the other side, the visitor made himself known to the boy.

"Oh, Taeyong hyung, what brings you here?"

Jaemin asked as he immediately fixed his bed, pile and pile of clothes on top of each other, a luggage wide open on the floor; grabbing each pile and throwing it back to his dresser.

"Nothing, just heard from Jeno that tomorrow will be Iris' operation. Was just thinking of checking up on you."

Eyes never leaving Jaemin, observing his every move. Deep inside, he wanted to tell the truth, but he knows it's not his place to do so, completely knowing Jaemin was also hiding everything from Iris - based on what Jeno reported to him.

Taeyong was happy, he was contented with the fact that despite not being by the girl's side during her toughest times, someone like Jaemin was by hers.

Jaemin stood up from crouching down after zipping up his luggage. Dusting his hands in the process.

"Don't you think that's a bit too much clothes for someone accompanying his girlfriend to the hospital?" Taeyong raised a brow, finding it funny how Jaemin could bring tons of things as if he's gonna be in a long week vacation. This only earned a chuckle from the boy. "Yeah, I think it is a bit too much, but that's because I kinda wanna stay with her, like, stay-stay, as in sleep in there?"  He was kinda weary of his words, it's still his leader he is talking to of course, and despite how understanding Taeyong could be, he still wasn't sure if he is gonna allow him to take a 1 week leave from the gang. He could only scratch the back of neck in nervousness that the elder would disagree.

"I mean if only you would allow me to, of course. But I kinda was hoping you would? because you know, the operation might become stressful for her, and so is the post-op, and Mrs. Lim doesn't really have the time to look after her after that, she might be in a bigger stress and I ca-"

The younger's rambling only brought a small laugh to Taeyong, causing him to stop the blabbering.

"Why? Hyung, what's so funny?" The look on Jaemin's face was indescribable, he was confused as hell, both brows furrowed and meeting in the middle, his hands left hanging in mid-air as he stopped his gesture-explanation, a small smile on his lips, not believing that his leader is laughing at a situation like this.

"I'll allow you to go, Jaemin. No need for further explanation. She's your girlfriend, and I completely understand. Remember? a member's family, is our family." Taeyong replied as he stood up from where he was comfortably sitting, tapping the younger's shoulder, before whispering "I trust you with her, Na Jaemin."

Completely leaving the boy confused and grateful at the same time.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨♡୧⋆ ˚。⋆

The day went by oh so smoothly, the group had their lunch, youngest dream members were busy playing in the game room, betting on who will tidy up the table and wash the dishes after dinner later, other 127 members training in their indoor arena, as other members were busy doing their own thing.

Jaemin walked down the stairs, luggage in both his hands when Renjun noticed him. He immediately ran to the stairs and offered his help, grabbing some of his luggages. "Here let me help you, where should I put these?" he asked, "Just in the trunk", Jaemin said, tossing Renjun his car keys.

The other members noticed it too and began asking some questions on how long will he be gone, while others told him words of comfort with regard to Iris' situation.