Harry Meets Freddie

Moved from 1D | I'll Always Be Here

Harry's POV
I was sat gently strumming my guitar as I looked out at the snow. It was New Year's eve and I was on my own.

I thought about how I'd had a panic attack in the airport toilets and bailed on the plan of going to see Louis for Christmas.

He'd been calling and texting me, but I hadn't picked up his calls. I felt lost and unsure. The tour had gone great, but now I didn't know what to do with myself.

I did want to meet Freddie, but Louis was dating Eleanor and I felt as though she had taken my spot.

The truth was that I had none to turn to. I had my family, but they weren't like Louis. He was on-top of the world and right now, I was at the bottom of it in my pyjama's and slippers watching the snow falling outside.

Then, someone rung the doorbell. I looked over at the door before I lazily got up and wandered over to it. It wasn't until I opened it and saw a new face that a fire was re-lit in my heart.
"Are you doing alright Harry? This little one was gutted at Christmas without his Uncle Harry there," Louis said as he bounced his three year old boy, Freddie, on his hip.
"Uncle Arry!" Freddie shouted.
"Freddie..." I began as I looked up at Louis. I could feel tears already forming in my eyes, and Louis's face instantly softened a he put Freddie down, who immediately began charging into my house.
"Don't go breaking anything Freddie!" Louis called before he looked up at me. "What's wrong Harry?" He asked before he hugged me and I let myself begin to cry onto his shoulder. "Oh babe."
"I'm sorry..."
"You don't have to be sorry. We can go through everything later, but have you seized or anything? Are you hurt?"
"No. No I'm ok," I said and Louis wiped my tears away.
"Ok then," He said before he kissed me on the cheek and looked beyond me. "Freddie. Let go of Harry's lamp," He said before he went over to his son. I closed the front door and went over to join them. "What did I say about not breaking anything?"
"I was just lookin," Freddie said as Louis took the lamp off him.
"You were messin. Come here," Louis said before he tickled starting Freddie and he laughed.
"Stop it daddy! Stop it!" Freddie shouted before he wiggled out of Louis's grip. He began running around the house and I chased him.
"Argh!" I yelled.
"No Arry, no!" Freddie screamed and laughed.
"Make sure you pull down his pants when you catch him Harry," Louis said and that just made Freddie scream more.

We then played hide and seek, but we couldn't find Freddie anywhere.
"Where is he Harry?" Louis asked in concern. "I usually would have found him by now."
"He'll be round here somewhere Louis, don't worry," I said as I continued looking.
"Harry. Why have you got a broken shed in your garden?" Louis asked and I looked out of the window.
"That was fine an hour ago, something must have happened to it."
"Like that?"
"Freddie?" I asked as I saw a piece of Freddie's blue top sticking out into the snow from underneath part of the broken shed.
"Freddie? He hasn't gone outside... Freddie!" Louis screamed as he realised what I was looking at and he opened the door and sprinted towards him. I was quick to follow and together we got the panel of wood off Freddie's little body. "Freddie? Freddie, it's dad. Freddie?" Louis asked gently as he knelt beside this little boy.

To my great relief, Freddie starting crying and Louis sighed in relief.
"Oh baby. What hurts?"
"My... wrist..." Freddie stuttered between his tears.
"Your wrist? Anything else?" Louis asked as he inspected Freddie's wrists. I also knelt down and pulled his shirt up.
"...no," Freddie replied as I looked at his back.
"No?"
"His back looks fine Lou."
"Good. Daddy's going to pick you up now ok," Louis said and Freddie nodded. Louis carefully picked him up and Freddie curled into his dad's shoulder. I looked back at my shed and wondered why it had collapsed so easily.

"It's ok baby, daddy's here. Daddy's here," Louis reassured Freddie as he sat down and cuddled him in his lap.
"Wrist..." Freddie said as he kept crying.
"How much does it hurt?"
"A lot," Freddie said and Louis took the wrist that Freddie was cradling and he kissed it.
"There. Daddy's going to give you something to take the pain away alright."
"Ok," Freddie said and Louis looked at me. "H, there's a bag in the car with children's medication in it. Could you grab it for me?"
"Yeah of course," I said before I went out to the car and opened the boot. The medical bag was covered in love hearts and I guess that that was Briana's work. "Found it," I said as I came back in Louis was checking Freddie for any other injuries.
"Good. Harry, can you take out the kids paracetamol and fill up the big side of the plastic spoon."
"Sure," I said before I put tbe bag on the side and looked through it. One kids paracetamol, but no plastic spoon. That wasn't an issue as I had one in my medical cabinate. "You need to get another plastic spoon Louis."
"Oh ok. There you go. How's that? Good? Yeah?" Louis replied as he gave Freddie a dummy. Freddie was a little old for dummy's now, but Louis was just trying to stall for time while I got his medication. "Oh H, could you grab some blankets as well? Freddie's freezing."
"Of course I can Louis," I said before I disappeared into my house.