Harry Wakes Up

Moved from 1D | I'll Always Be Here

Anne's POV
1 month. 4 weeks. 28 days. However you put it, my son had been unconscious for a long time. I wanted nothing than for him to wake up.

Gemma was having a girls night with Eleanor, as she really needed to relax, while I stayed with Harry, determined that someone should be with him at all times for when he woke up.

It was that night when Stevie Nicks decided to show up.
"Hello," I said as she came into the room.
"Hello. You must be Anne."
"Yes," I said before I shook her hand. "And I know who you are. Harry adores you, and so do I."
"Oh thank you," She said before he smiled, but it faded when she saw at Harry. "How is he?"
"The same thst he's been for a last month."
"The whole world's missing him."
"It is, but so am I. I want my son back."
"He will come back. He loves you and he won't leave you."
"I know."
"He's really kind hearted."
"He is."
"You know, he's taught me so much about what it's like to be a musician in today's generation," Stevie said as she sat beside Harry and took his hand.
"Has he?"
"Yeah. It's easier to get your music heard than in my day but it's a lot harder get the kind of fame that both Harry and I share."
"The fame is a lot sometimes. Even for Harry. The whole world knowing who you are and everything about you."
"Keeping them on side. That's the hard part."
"I suppose it is."
"Do I mind if I sing to him?"
"No, please do. It might help, and you could be the person who wakes him up. We've tried everything else," I said and she began singing Leather and Lace.

I knew that she and Harry had sung it together on stage and he often hummed it at family gatherings when his mind started drifting off. It was so nice that I even joined in for one of the chorus's.
"Lovers forever, face-to-face. My city, your mountain. Stay with me, stay. I need you to love me. I need you today. Give to me your leather. Take from me my lace," I smiled at the lyrics before something squeezed my hand. I looked down to see that Harry starting to move.

Niall's POV
I called Louis as soon as I hear the news from Anne.
"Hey Niall..." Louis said as he picked up.
"Harry's awake," I interrupted him before he could tell me that he was on a chat show and he couldn't talk now.
"What?!"
"Harry's awake. Stevie Nicks came to see him and she sang Leather and Lace to him. He's awake Louis. He's fucking awake."
"I..." Louis stuttered. "I coming there right now."
"See you soon," I said before Louis hung up. I then got into a taxi myself and headed straight to the airport.

As had I expected, everyone was there.
"Ok, I need everyone to wait outside. I'm going to assess Harry then you can come in one by one," The doctor told us.
"Ok."
"Come on boys," Anne said as she led us out of the ward, leaving the doctor to do what he needed to with Harry.
"I can't believe that he's awake," Liam said as we waited.
"Neither can I. I've been waiting for him to wake up."
"I'm sacred," Louis said and we all turned round to see that he was shaking.
"You don't have to be scared Louis. Harry's awake, he's ok."
"But what if he's not? He's been in a coma for a month and none knows why."
"I'm sure that the doctor's trying to figure that out now. Look, we can help him Louis, he's not unconscious anymore."
"I know," Louis said before he kept shaking and Liam hugged him.
"It's alright mate. Just breathe."
"Who's going in first?" Anne asked I turned round.
"You can go first. You're his mum."
"Yeah," Anne said as she nodded. "I will."

Soon, my phone pinged and I looked down at it.
"Gemma's asleep, Eleanor's going to let her know in the morning," I told everyone.
"Good. Gemma needs some sleep," Anne said before the doctor reappeared.
"Harry's awake and responsive. He can't remember what happened, and he's still very tired so I would ask you all to be very gentle with him. I can let two of you in at a time so that we don't overwhelm him.
"Can I come with you Anne? I think that Louis needs a minute," I asked and Anne nodded.
"Of course."
"This way," The doctor said and we followed him back to Harry's cubical.